No Scammers

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to have a chat about "scammers" and hear suggestions/comments on what we can do to better combat them and keep folks from getting scammed.

I have a couple ideas, I'll start a little list and add anything that sounds promising.

- Thread or Forum where people can post the types of scams they are seeing
- Voting system where if a listing gets X amount of votes it gets pulled as a scam or spam. I can't allow the entire community to have this power or it would get abused, but maybe I could make it a lifetime supporter benefit or something. (We used to have a "Good Deal!" feature where everyone could vote on listings they considered a good deal, but it got abused and was used more ironically than anything, promoting more terrible deals than good ones.) (Side thought, a terrible deal feature could work as well. We could have "Today's Worst Deal" )

Things to look out for so far:
- Do not send money to anyone unless you are 100% sure of who they are. Check feedback, check posts, etc.
I had one just the other day in my pm’s which I did not reply to and yall were on top of it. It was gone within a matter of minutes. Kudos.

I like the idea as mentioned on page 1, of no buying or selling until:

- No buying- Until you have X number of posts (say 10), so this shows you are a participating and contributing member.
- No selling- Until you have at least 3 positive feedback from your purchases- shows you are an actual human being living in the state of GA and can functionally arrange with someone to meet.

Seems like the one scam I see the posted about the most recently are for the WTB section.

Therefore, eliminate the WTB thread... :behindsofa:

I like the idea of a thread/forum just for scams.

Back
Top Bottom