• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Non-Magnum Hunters

Magnum just means it kicks harder. Lol. I like the old standards. 30-30, 30-06, 270 ,308. U get out in the middle of nowhere and u can find most of these 4 calibers at your local hardware store in your smaller towns. Some of the " magnums" they may not have. IMHO

Re: Non-Magnum Hunters

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Allsmiles

Only reason that I didn't get a regular 270 is that we have a rule where we hunt (family) that we don't buy guns that the ammo can get accidently put into the wrong gun and fired. 30-06 was already in the stable, so needed something different.

That just sounds like people are too lazy to make sure they have the right ammo for their gun

Not lazy, just a common sense rule that we all (Dad, brother and myself) agreed on about 20 years ago. It has made it fun to get and try out different hunting weapons over the years. Dad is gone and my brother and myself each have our favorite hunting guns now. He uses a Remgington 35 and I use my AR in 7.62x39 about 90% of the time. Of course, the 870's come out late in the season as we start driving heavy cover.​

my prefered deer guns are

1: Marlin 336 30-30 with 160gr Leverloution ammo
2: Ruger M77 Tang safety with 120gr handloads
3: AR-15 with 75gr reloads

Back
Top Bottom