North Georgia Lakes??

LewisBrookshire

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
133   0
Reaction score
Planning to take the family up to one of the NW Ga lakes this Friday to spend the day fishing, picknicking and hanging out? I have never fished any of them (Lake Blueridge, Seed, Rabun, Notley, Burton, Carters). It will be bank fishing as well as fishing from a Canoe. Any suggestions??

I live on Lake Blue Ridge. Fish for small mouth bass, spotted bass, bream/bluegill etc in the day time, walleye at dusk and after dark...also plenty of catfish moving into the coves at night. And don't forget the trout streams...plenty of them up here as well.

I live on Lake Blue Ridge. Fish for small mouth bass, spotted bass, bream/bluegill etc in the day time, walleye at dusk and after dark...also plenty of catfish moving into the coves at night. And don't forget the trout streams...plenty of them up here as well.

I would love to get some Walleye, I have been told those are the best tasting of fresh water fish!

I love to fish Carters in the winter. It has some big Stripers in it, and if you are into green fish there is some massive Spots, and walleye as well. I'm usually fishing rivers in the summer so I don't know the patterns on Carters in the warm months. But, I will warn you most of the banks on Carters are very steep. If you are primarily fishing from the bank Carters is probably not your best bet.

Back
Top Bottom