NorthEast meet in Commerce sat july 29th today

date

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Q: Can I carry to or at church?

A:
No, unless the church has a policy of allowing carry in their individual church. HB60modified church carry so if you are caught carrying a weapon in a church that does not allow carry, you will be ticketed and fined up to $100. You will also be subject to losing your GWL for up to 5 years. You may have a weapon in your car in the parking lot with a valid Georgia Weapons License which has been legal since SB308 was signed into law on June 4, 2010.

A:
No, unless the church has a policy of allowing carry in their individual church. HB60modified church carry so if you are caught carrying a weapon in a church that does not allow carry, you will be ticketed and fined up to $100. You will also be subject to losing your GWL for up to 5 years. You may have a weapon in your car in the parking lot with a valid Georgia Weapons License which has been legal since SB308 was signed into law on June 4, 2010.
This may be a deal breaker...

A:
YES YOU CAN. I am head of security at my church so yes you can carry, and this is not a church event so again YES YOU CAN.

I wouldn't think "head of security" would have that authority?

I would think a church is ALWAYS a church.

Maybe GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet can clear this up.....

The head of security would not "have the authority" to create a pro carry policy on his own. But I would expect anybody in charge of security at a church to know if the church governing authority has voted for or implemented a policy about privately carried firearms.

If the management of the church has made the decision to allow GWL holders to carry at that place of worship, then it's no longer off-limits. Even though it's still a church. The law does not require that this decision by the church be publicized in any way. The church can disseminate this information as broadly as it wishes, or hold it close to their chests as if it were a secret.
But as long as the decision was made, that takes the matter out of criminal law as far as 16-11 -127.1 is concerned .

The head of security would not "have the authority" to create a pro carry policy on his own. But I would expect anybody in charge of security at a church to know if the church governing authority has voted for or implemented a policy about privately carried firearms.

If the management of the church has made the decision to allow GWL holders to carry at that place of worship, then it's no longer off-limits. Even though it's still a church. The law does not require that this decision by the church be publicized in any way. The church can disseminate this information as broadly as it wishes, or hold it close to their chests as if it were a secret.
But as long as the decision was made, that takes the matter out of criminal law as far as 16-11 -127.1 is concerned .
Thank you. My pastor is fine with it. Great post

Back
Top Bottom