Northern zone baiting laws

Not yet, we're a bunch of old farts with kids so night hunting (the times they are on the cameras) isn't something that has taken off so par. I've gotten some NV sights along with a few others and plan for a thermal sight this quarter so hunting hogs is at the top of the list for this year along with coyotes.

As much as I love deer hunting, and I hope I die of old age sitting in a deer stand, there is nothing quite as fun as hunting hogs and yotes at night. You will have a blast.

Probably not, as the county in which a game violation ticket is written gets to keep the ticket money generated. The northern counties like padding their splost funds.

You can bait in the northern zone too. Put your corn out, make a sign that says : For Feral Hog consumption only. Then if a thievenous deer/turkey/bear steals the hogs food on your land you can shoot them to protect your hogs...

My club supplements with feeders and plots but the feeders are over 300 Yds and located in thick cover. We do not hunt around or near them. We have found that proper feed w nutrients helps, gives us great cam pics so we can assess how many and what quality of bucks(and does) are using the area. In 4 yrs I have taken 4 deer on the property but we are a QDM club though I have seen as many as 10-12 deer on a hunt. Supplemental feeding is beneficial but stay within the law, give quality supplements(not corn in a pile wet on the ground), invest in quality feeders. Just my .02. I am in northern zone.

My club supplements with feeders and plots but the feeders are over 300 Yds and located in thick cover. We do not hunt around or near them. We have found that proper feed w nutrients helps, gives us great cam pics so we can assess how many and what quality of bucks(and does) are using the area. In 4 yrs I have taken 4 deer on the property but we are a QDM club though I have seen as many as 10-12 deer on a hunt. Supplemental feeding is beneficial but stay within the law, give quality supplements(not corn in a pile wet on the ground), invest in quality feeders. Just my .02. I am in northern zone.
Sounds like a heck of a plan, and with them being that far away for stand locations, you can keep them going all season

Back
Top Bottom