• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Northern zone baiting laws

Had a club down in Laurens Co. foe several years, just got to where I dreaded the commute every weekend after working all week
Dude I am 2.5 hours from my hunting land. At least I own it tho. Makes for a great weekend trip but still a painful haul. Honestly tho, I have been hunting over corn since it was legal and I have never shot a deer "over" bait. I may have shot them going to it... I will never know. All it seems to be good for is trail cam pics.

Dude I am 2.5 hours from my hunting land. At least I own it tho. Makes for a great weekend trip but still a painful haul. Honestly tho, I have been hunting over corn since it was legal and I have never shot a deer "over" bait. I may have shot them going to it... I will never know. All it seems to be good for is trail cam pics.

I do plant food plots and put out mineral licks in the spring and summer. all I've ever gotten in a food plot or over the mineral is pictures, never killed anything in a plot or on a lick. I plant and place the licks for the heard, not for the hunt.
The only hunters allowed to take a deer in our food plots are the kids or a hunter that hasn't killed a deer. Our plots are no larger than 2 acres and an odd shape, we just have a lot of them. We only plant clover as a club, but allow each hunter to plant anything they want on their own dime. With the hogs we have it's a waste of club money to plant anything other than clover, the just root it up or knock it down, but leave the clover (somewhat) alone.

I do plant food plots and put out mineral licks in the spring and summer. all I've ever gotten in a food plot or over the mineral is pictures, never killed anything in a plot or on a lick. I plant and place the licks for the heard, not for the hunt.
The only hunters allowed to take a deer in our food plots are the kids or a hunter that hasn't killed a deer. Our plots are no larger than 2 acres and an odd shape, we just have a lot of them. We only plant clover as a club, but allow each hunter to plant anything they want on their own dime. With the hogs we have it's a waste of club money to plant anything other than clover, the just root it up or knock it down, but leave the clover (somewhat) alone.
Do your club members actively hunt the hogs

Do your club members actively hunt the hogs

Not yet, we're a bunch of old farts with kids so night hunting (the times they are on the cameras) isn't something that has taken off so par. I've gotten some NV sights along with a few others and plan for a thermal sight this quarter so hunting hogs is at the top of the list for this year along with coyotes.

Not yet, we're a bunch of old farts with kids so night hunting (the times they are on the cameras) isn't something that has taken off so par. I've gotten some NV sights along with a few others and plan for a thermal sight this quarter so hunting hogs is at the top of the list for this year along with coyotes.
You may get some day hunting in if you start putting out some feeders and bait. I feel you on the old fart, the only thing that doesn't hurt on me right now is my watch:becky:

I have found that Cow Peas/Iron and Clay Peas are great for deer. Plant It thick tho cause they will tear it out of the ground just as soon as it sprouts. Hunt it the first week of sprouting.

Back
Top Bottom