• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Not so bottom of the barrel AR?

I am stocked up on AK and Glock mags. Still have NIW East German mags that I picked up for $3.50 each years ago (should have bought more).
Now off to research AR mags. USGI aluminum are OK?

I thought this was the obvious problem since the problem happened when I was using a Plinker Tactical magazine, but the same thing happened with a USGI magazine. When I was shooting the rifle, I could get it to feed mostly okay by pushing the magazine up and tilting it forward as I was firing. I'm sort of wondering if something is going on with the lower (it's polymer ultra budget build).
Ahh, the rest of the story. In that case, I've got nothing. I have no experience with polymer lowers but I'd guess that that's where your problem lies. I bet if you put that PTAC upper on another lower, it'd run just fine.

Ahh, the rest of the story. In that case, I've got nothing. I have no experience with polymer lowers but I'd guess that that's where your problem lies. I bet if you put that PTAC upper on another lower, it'd run just fine.
In hindsight, I'm not sure why I didn't try swapping lowers when I was out.

I just came from Cabelas and just looked a Smith and Wesson that was not in the bottom line. It was around 8-9 hundred bucks. I guess I am just using my builds and an indicator but it felt like a piece of sh*t. It was horrible. The Bushmaster I handled was far superior to the S&W and it was 400 dollars cheaper. After building 1,200-1,400 dollar guns they all feel toy-ish. They had no bottom line price rifles available. The guy clerk said after Dick pulled all their AR's off the shelf everyone went to Cabelas and bought them all out. I would say order one from Buds Gun Shop or online cause I didn't see any to look at for a better recommendation.

I heard new Bushmaster is worse quality than old Bushmaster. How is Windham? Wasn't is set up by the old Bushmaster guys?

Saw a new Bushmaster at the show this weekend. Not like the old Windham by any measure. On the upper I bought (less BCG adn CH) the charging handle wouldn't even snap closed and the dust cover would not close no matter the amount of pressure you put on it.

Old Bushy or no Bushy. (I'm aware of what that reads like). LOL!

Back
Top Bottom