• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Notary Question (NFA Trust)

Dynamis

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Conquering Oneself is Strength
455   1
Reaction score
Obviously, my NFA trust is being done in the county that I live, which is Murray County. However, the notary that I use in is the next county over (Whitfield County). At the top of the notary page, do I fill in "Murray" or "Whitfield" or do I have to get it notarized in the county that I live in?

As a Notary, my seal is valid anywhere in the State of Georgia despite my appointment being out of Cherokee County.

I have no experience with your specific question concerning NFA Trusts, but seeing as any Georgia Notary can legally witness and notarize your signature, I do not see any problems with it.

Worst case, your local post office or bank in Murray county could do it for you if you want it to all match up Murray county. Also, most law offices have a notary available. I think the max a notary can charge is $3.00 per act ... just an FYI

What gets written in "County of ______________" on the Notary page of the trust? The county where it was notarized or the county where I live?

My wife's a notary. She said it should be completed by them and should be the county in which the notary is from. Her notary is in Lowndes county but we now love in Walton. She is still asked to notarized things and lists Lowndes.

Where you live/trust exists.
Mine was done by Doug King. Every page of my trust says County of Floyd as prepared by Doug, but the Notary page was left blank. It said "County of __________". I had the trust notarized in Clayton County and the notary wrote in "Clayton". I don't know if this is right or wrong, but the fact that Doug put "Floyd" on every page but that one makes me think it is. Here's hoping. My first pending with this trust are due to come back some time in February.

Mine was done by Doug King. Every page of my trust says County of Floyd as prepared by Doug, but the Notary page was left blank. It said "County of __________". I had the trust notarized in Clayton County and the notary wrote in "Clayton". I don't know if this is right or wrong, but the fact that Doug put "Floyd" on every page but that one makes me think it is. Here's hoping. My first pending with this trust are due to come back some time in February.
Mine came filled in????? but I had it notarized in Hall too, so it's no biggie

So which is it? LOL.

Murray, and that's not conjecture, but how Doug King wrote my trust.

Back
Top Bottom