• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Notary Question (NFA Trust)

If its a section to be completed wholly by the Notary, then it should be with county the Notary act was performed in.

My Notary stamp says Cherokee... on our Personal injury releases, if we meet the client in Cobb and the release says

State of __________
County of __________
Sworn to and subscribed before me
this ____ day of __________, 201__.

I would complete State of Georgia and County of Cobb.

Last edited:
Just looked at the info Doug sent with my trust. It says to leave that part blank and let the notary fill it in with whatever county the notarization was performed.

The initial County reference is typically to the County in which the document was signed. So, a Fulton resident may execute a trust reflecting he's a Fulton resident, but if the document was signed in DeKalb, it should read State of GA, County of DeKalb.
A Georgia Notary is able to notarize documents anywhere in the state.

The initial County reference is typically to the County in which the document was signed. So, a Fulton resident may execute a trust reflecting he's a Fulton resident, but if the document was signed in DeKalb, it should read State of GA, County of DeKalb.
A Georgia Notary is able to notarize documents anywhere in the state.

This is correct. Up at the top of the document where it says State of Georgia, County of _____________, the blank should be the county where the document was executed, which is a fancy word for signed.

Back
Top Bottom