• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nov 3rd Deer Hunt

Got out for the first time this season. Had a hunter come up on me and sit about 150 yards from me. I guess if something step out we would have both shot it lol

I had a blast though. Loved being in the woods again!

If anyone on here had and evening hunt at Redlands, overlooking this spot....that was me that waved at you on your left.
View attachment 2347861

if that other hunter saw you and still stayed then he gets douchebag of the month award.

if that other hunter saw you and still stayed then he gets douchebag of the month award.

Not sure if maybe he thinks I walked up on him. He was there for a few minutes before I stood up and waved. I waved, he waved back so I know he saw me. Maybe he thinks I walked up, waved and sat down after him. He might be telling his friends about the dickhead that walked up on him hunting yesterday :lol:. I mainly wanted to make damn sure he knew where I was. I thought about leaving but it was already almost 5 so I just sat.

I walked up on a guy last year, waved and turned around and quietly went back the direction I came from. That is what I was expecting him to do, but like I said, I don't know what his perception of the order of things was.

Not sure if maybe he thinks I walked up on him. He was there for a few minutes before I stood up and waved. I waved, he waved back so I know he saw me. Maybe he thinks I walked up, waved and sat down after him. He might be telling his friends about the dickhead that walked up on him hunting yesterday :lol:. I mainly wanted to make damn sure he knew where I was. I thought about leaving but it was already almost 5 so I just sat.

I walked up on a guy last year, waved and turned around and quietly went back the direction I came from. That is what I was expecting him to do, but like I said, I don't know what his perception of the order of things was.

Gotcha.
Nothing beats the time when a dude walked in 75 yards from me, waved , turned around , sat down with rifle across his thighs.
A half hour later drops his pants and takes an Obama right there and thought nothing of it.

I swear same spot a year later.
Some dude walks in about 200 yards from me, waves on the way in and sets down.
Almost immediately started making fake sasquatch calls or something.
He had no rifle with him so I’m thinking either a sasquatch dork or a hunter harasser.
I felt like sending a .308 through the outer layer of his azz cheek.
After his third retarded call I yelled WTF are you doing A-HOLE!
He totally ignored me and kept it up.
I ended up leaving before I made myself do something stupid.
Must have been his vehicle parked behind mine as it was the only spot in 1.9 miles .
I felt like smearing a turd on his windshield and door handles but.... Nah ....not worth it.

Y’all are describing the exact reason I stopped hunting public land 20 yrs ago, if I didn’t have a private spot to go I would have stopped hunting all together

Wow!! Y’all have put down some very nice bucks!! Congrats to everyone on the successful hunting. Love seeing these hunting threads. Especially the youngins. Hope to post up pictures of my own soon.

I hunted the swamp this morning and had a pretty cool visitor.
View attachment 2347982

About 8:30 this guy came bouncing through the brush chasing a doe. I thought he was bigger. Definite ground shrinkage lol but happy to get one for the freezer. He was the third of three bucks I saw this morning. The rut is in full swing where I am. I can't wait to see @shotgun 01 's buck.
View attachment 2348002
congrats Casey on the nice buck!! Ground shrinkage or not that's a nice one!

Back
Top Bottom