Now Firemen will have to be armed....

I'm a woodland firefighter for the State in a very rural county and often in the middle of nowhere, by myself, with sometimes shotty communications to my dispatchers or the county fire dispatch, some places neither radio or cell phones work. Commission policy is no firearms, sometimes the extra security would be really nice.

Nick T

i think firefighters should have at least one cop to protect them just in case the fire is caused by some criminal activity. if a drugee starts the fire while high on cocaine with gun near him and thinks the firefighters are cops it might not end well

Sounds like a liberal's argument to restrict carry RIGHTS. Have to rely on someone else to defend you. Why not cross train. One of yesterday's victims was. Used to be a big group of firefighters active with GSSF. To the firemen out there: is there a potential for cookoff if it gets hairy?

Last edited:
i think firefighters should have at least one cop to protect them just in case the fire is caused by some criminal activity. if a drugee starts the fire while high on cocaine with gun near him and thinks the firefighters are cops it might not end well

Sounds like a liberal's argument to restrict carry RIGHTS.
To the firemen out there: is there a potential for cookoff if it gets hairy?

By cookoff you mean like under our gear while inside a fire? Ueh but slight. It's mainly just uncomfortable as crap with all the gear on. Not to mention everything gets wet. Inside and out.

Don't take anything at face value unless you physically see the act committed. Loose ends are all tied up, and the stories are too neatly woven.

Its ok, this didn't get much media attention so no one going to comment on this.

Back
Top Bottom