Now the newspaper needs people with GUNS!!

bulldogparts

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
9   0
Reaction score
Another reason the news rag was wrong for publishing names of gun owners
More harm than good can come out of this righteous act of stupidity by LEFT. Places whole families at risk by a the criminal element of society. If I was one of the guards and my family was hurt due to the publication of my name and it was determined they were targeted as by someone whole read my name in the news rag or as a reprisal for something that happened in the joint, I'd be seeking not only criminal charges on everyone but also initiate the largest civil suit possible.

Inmates using newspaper's gun owner map to threaten guards, sheriff says

Published January 04, 2013
| FoxNews.com
advertisement

Law enforcement officials from a New York region where a local paper published a map identifying gun owners say prisoners are using the information to intimidate guards.
Rockland County Sheriff Louis Falco, who spoke at a news conference flanked by other county officials, said the Journal News' decision to post an online map of names and addresses of handgun owners Dec. 23 has put law enforcement officers in danger.
"They have inmates coming up to them and telling them exactly where they live. That's not acceptable to me," Falco said, according to Newsday.
Robert Riley, an officer with the White Plains Police Department and president of its Patrolman’s Benevolent Association, agreed.
"You have guys who work in New York City who live up here. Now their names and addresses are out there, too," he said adding that there are 8,000 active and retired NYPD officers currently living in Rockland County.
Local lawmakers also say that they intend to introduce legislation that prevents information about legal gun owners from being released to the public.
The newspaper published the online map last month alongside an article titled, "The gun owner next door: What you don't know about the weapons in your neighborhood." The map included the names and addresses of pistol permit holders in Westchester and Rockland counties obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request.
While the paper ostensibly sought to make a point about gun proliferation in the wake of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn., the effort may have backfired. A blogger reacted with a map showing where key editorial staffers live, and some outraged groups have called for a boycott of parent company Gannett’s national advertisers. Ironically, the newspaper has now stationed armed guards outside at least one of its offices.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/04...#ixzz2H7dSB5pz

Yeah I heard about it too and posted the details so if one wanted to e-mail those ass clowns at the paper they could do so (I did twice). These left leaning groups have been trying to force their agenda down the public's throats for years. The right is pushing back and drawing the line. These morons are helping make the sheeple aware of the insane lengths and at any cost actions performed in the support of their agenda.

They are a strong force in the media, political arena and now the judicial branch. The last two major SCOTUS wins for pro-second amendment (the right to actually have a firearm) only passed with a 5:4 vote of supposedly some of the finest judges in our land.

My greatest concern is when our judicial branch in an epiphany realizes that we have been interpreting the second amendment wrong and it no longer applies to an individual and through a stroke of the pen our rights are gone. The reaction of the Nation after more than 236 years could be the spark that ignites the flames of liberty once again. I sincerely hope not but we have four SCOTUS judges that are willing to test it.

The same link (1st one didn't work for me): http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/04/law-enforcement-latest-critics-on-public-display-gun-owner-data-officers/

There was a bill proposed to prevent just this sort of thing but the New York legislators failed to act.

Last edited:
This isn't even the worst part about it. What about the battered women who live in this area who's address were put in the paper, who have ex boyfriends or ex husbands who were abusive, Their "loving" ex's now know where they live. Maybe they were hidden from danger until now.

And, if you don't own a gun in this area, the criminals now know where you live, which houses will be easy targets because there will be no armed resistance.

Back
Top Bottom