• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NRA Statement

Change is coming, it needs to in some ways. Why on earth mental health has never been incorporated into background checks is beyond me. Banning guns should really be the least of our worries. How easy it is to get one should be the top.

I'm waiting to hear what they have to say before I renew the free membership I got when I bought my Taurus...

Change is coming, it needs to in some ways. Why on earth mental health has never been incorporated into background checks is beyond me. Banning guns should really be the least of our worries. How easy it is to get one should be the top.

This ^

Sums it all, and its the best case scenerio for america. They need to look at other countries murder rates where all weapons are banned. They nearly double or triple the us. We dont need gun control. We need thoroughness, Everyone should be required to pass a mental health ( psychological ) like LEOs have to before being sworn, and only be able to buy a firearm with a permit ( based on if you pass the psych) Everything should be done before hand, so afterwards its like buying anything else when you go purchase a firearm ( Like it is) if you have a permit.

hope this makes sense. Ive have 2 hours of sleep

I never bash anyone but SERIOUSLY????

Whos to say a government funded doctor doesnt declare YOU or anyone else incompetent?

You cant ban NATURAL HUMAN NATURE. The mother would have still been able to acquire the weapon legally. Her misjudgement of her progeny's capabilities and her own incompetence is what caused this and truly the price was paid.

When will people wake up, quick passing the buck, and place blame where blame is due.
Its not the gun, not the kid (if he in fact had a mental issue), its the mother for not properly securing her firearm.

This society needs to quit breeding an attitude that its someone elses fault, our actions DO have consequences and everyone should think about that while they lay in bed at night how the decisions they make can affect so many others.

If it wasnt a gun it wouldve been something else.......maybe something much worse
God bless these families, i hope they know this country loves them.

I don't think beating up on the mother is the right thing to do either. He could have gotten the weapon elsewhere also. Like you said, if it wasn't a gun it would have been something else.

If you require permits for all guns you open the door for a gun grab later. Permits will allow the government to track who has guns, it's essentially registration. Registration always comes before confiscation. Closing the "gun show loophole" is the one thing I fear the most.

Back
Top Bottom