• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

NT4/M4QD Suppressor Mount Option NT4 Compensator

Come one dude that's old ass news.

Griffin, are you guys going to get any of your cans in front of a meter on video or done by a 3rd party?

Really we are barely keeping up with demand (not tooting a horn / nothing special there the whole firearms industry is totally slammed) and I'm not sure what 3rd party exists that is not affiliated with an industry company and who has NIST certified and calibrated equipment and actually has a large enough audience to make a test worth the investment of time and money.

We sent suppressors to Al Paulson years ago, and a test never transpired. We did some testing with silencer research and they no longer test products. We also had a product or two tested by NFA talk (I'm not sure if their equipment is current with certifications or not), and I get the impression like 35 people follow the NFA Talk tests. We're an industry company and we want to reach tens of thousands of people if we're going to invest effort for 3rd party testing.

We have a B&K2209 and have MIL-STD 1474D tested our current products at the 1M (Left side) MIL-STD muzzle location. The M4SD II did 134DB- a 34DB reduction [14.5" barrel M4 Flash Comp mount M855], and 139DB- a 30DB reduction [10.3" MK18 Flash suppressor / M855]. The RSTA did 137DB- a 32DB reduction 16" MWS with M118LR and the brake mount]. The Checkmate metered ~114DB- a 41DB reduction on the P22 but that was the 2011 model and a new 2013 model is weeks away now.

As far as video- there was video running for a POI shift and sound test of the M4SD II and RSTA suppressors- Evan and Nick were conducting those tests, I wasn't present. Evan said the video quality was not as high as he wanted and didn't put the footage together into a Youtube upload for that reason. Evan had 1MOA shift right with his APA Genisis/RSTA combination and 1/4MOA accuracy, 1MOA shift down with my 16" LMT MWS/RSTA and 1.25MOA accuracy, and he had 1.5MOA shift down with the M4SDII flash comp 14.5" barrel M4 and 1.75MOA accuracy (Typical of that firearm) these were 3 shot groups I believe. He also tested a 16" M4 and had 2MOA shift on it.

I (Austin) am in Iraq working my day job, and Evan is swamped managing production at home. The current plan is a promo video this summer hopefully integrating our 9 centerfire suppressors rather than revisiting simply the M4SD II and RSTA suppressors. We're hoping to put out a 2013 Checkmate promo video next month or so. The videos are pretty time consuming to make if you want to do a good job of it and we do, and so it's not just a matter of slamming a camera on a tripod and spending 5 minutes to put one together.

Last edited:
Cool man now get some cans on the camera

We'll do what we can. I think the Checkmate 2013 model promo will be the next can on camera. Unfortunately we're swamped manufacturing 9 new centerfire suppressor models and filling orders so the 3 day camera shoots with 2 week editing workups really require time we have to dedicate to manufacturing.

We're hoping to do a youtube reviewer flyout review this summer and if that happens that would be the whole product line on video then. For now we're trying to catch up on new dealer accounts from SHOT Show.

Evan and Brad have been production welding for weeks filling SHOT Show orders. I thought the pictures of RECCE 5 and RECCE 7's in production were kind of neat.
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:

Attachments

• 555021_10151792312499569_1466928281_n.jpg
    555021_10151792312499569_1466928281_n.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom