• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NYPD marked glock 22's

Odd wasn't it AO who was sued by NYC Mayor Bloomberg who won is now selling their NYC hand me downs to AO. I find it ironic.

Saying NYPD on it would keep me from buying it.

Actually this would be a fantastic photo op! Take a picture of the NYPD gun with the 4473 (fuzzied out) in the background, inset Assburgs picture in it with a caption that says something like, "Here in NYC we support the redistribution of handguns throughout the world".

The New York City PD has never had the Glock 22s, only the 19s. My bet is they're a different PD with the same initials.

I took a look at them after using their range this morning. They are "New York City, NY NYPD marked with a NYPD shield on them, so yes they are NY NY. If they had the best ones in the case, several of them were fairly rough.

I took a look at them after using their range this morning. They are "New York City, NY NYPD marked with a NYPD shield on them, so yes they are NY NY. If they had the best ones in the case, several of them were fairly rough.

That's some shadiness there.
As stated many times above, the NYPD has never issued or approved the G22. Only G19, Sig 226 DAK in 9mm, and Smith and Wesson 59XX. Unless you are old enough to have been issued a 38 revolver, then those are grandfathered in.

That's some shadiness there.
As stated many times above, the NYPD has never issued or approved the G22. Only G19, Sig 226 DAK in 9mm, and Smith and Wesson 59XX. Unless you are old enough to have been issued a 38 revolver, then those are grandfathered in.

Several of them did not have the finger grooves, so they would be gen 1 or gen 2.

Several of them did not have the finger grooves, so they would be gen 1 or gen 2.

If I had to guess, if say AO got in a bunch of beat up 22s and had them marked NYPD in order to sell for more than an old Glock is worth...
Or bought them from someone else, not knowing that they can't be legit.

Does,'t Glock end all LE serial numbers with the dept? My DNR G22 trade in serial number ends with...DNR.

Oh...and in case it ever comes up, DNR no longer means Dept of Natural Resources. It means if I had to go through all the trouble to put a bullet in him, DO NOT RESUSCITATE!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom