• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT In Memorium - RIP

IMG_3902.jpeg
IMG_3903.jpeg

I don’t know if he was on this site or not, but Maj. Thomas O. Humphus passed today, aged 85. He left a wife of 47 years - Kija Humphus, and 2 sons, David and Myles. Myles is my best friend. Please keep his family in your thoughts. I’m just posting this here in case any of you knew him or served with him.

Maj. Humphus was one of the original Project Delta advisors in 1964, served several tours, was shot twice (that I know of) and struck by lightning at GMC while serving as the SAI in the mid-80s. He retired to Columbus after his sons graduated from high school and lived there the past 30 years. I’m proud to have known him.

A few pictures of the old man are here: http://www.projectdelta.net/1968/humphus.htm

Some IG posts from Myles over the years are below:

1691813183014.jpeg1691813486575.jpegScreenshot_20230811_191538_Instagram.jpegScreenshot_20230811_190857_Instagram.jpeg

I just saw on Facebook that 1jcwallace 1jcwallace passed away this morning…. He was 39.

He was a really good dude, saved my ass a few times when I was out of town and got packages left at my house.

He lived about .5 miles from me, we waved at each other 2-3 times a week as we passed on our road.

I wish we stopped and shot the **** more often now and didn’t take that for granted.

I just saw on Facebook that 1jcwallace 1jcwallace passed away this morning…. He was 39.

He was a really good dude, saved my ass a few times when I was out of town and got packages left at my house.

He lived about .5 miles from me, we waved at each other 2-3 times a week as we passed on our road.

I wish we stopped and shot the **** more often now and didn’t take that for granted.

How? Nobody passes away at 39. That's too young.

Back
Top Bottom