• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT pages freezing-anyone else experiencing this?

TommyT

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
484   0
Reaction score
I absolutely love this site and I believe I am addicted. However, I noticed a change in the past week. Everything used to be lightning fast when I clicked on anything but now sometimes it takes 2-3 minutes for a page to upload. To check my inbox takes forever especially if I click on a message. To get to this post it took about 8-9 minutes because each click took a few minutes to go the next uploaded page. This happens on my new Samsung 2014 Edition tablet and my lightning fast company laptop. Has something changed? Am I the only one experiencing this?

Also, many times when my ad with pictures is relisted, the photos disappear. Sometimes it no longer shows the caliber of gun I am listing. I hope everyone knows I am not complaining but instead trying to figure out if it's my internet service, new tablet, laptop or what may be the problem. I have ATT internet service. Other websites I use are operating as usual so it's confusing. Steve Okuma said I should post to see if anyone else is experiencing any of these same issues.

Either way ODT still rocks and I will remain a SUPPORTER.

Last edited:
check your internet speed. maybe if you're leaving your device on all the time
memory could be running low. you could check what programs you are running.
this site is running more servers now. IDK,definately not an ex[ert in any fashion
in this dept.

Last edited:
Is anyone looking into this problem? Going from thread to thread, page to page takes a couple of tries to get the image up. What gives?

On my kindle fire, the page tries to load. If I almost immediately hit the 'x' to stop the loading, the page immediately is there and complete. Restarts help. I'm mainly looking at what's new and the links. I haven't noticed a difference between site sections. It seems intermittent. Thanks OS!

Back
Top Bottom