[Official] How has CoronaVirus affected your job?

How has COVID19 affected you or your spouse?

• I lost my job/contract

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • My spouse/partner lost their job

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have been furloughed

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have received a salary/pay cut

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Not much changed for me

Votes: 84 49.4%
  • I am actually doing better now

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • I am working from home for now..

Votes: 32 18.8%

• Total voters
Man reading through this thread and all the people out of work is rough. Prayers sent. On a positive note I really don't expect it to take long for the the economy to bounce back with a vengeance once we get a handle on all this. Good time for us to pull together. I'll be looking for jobs that might need doing around the place.

In all seriousness, it's affected my job quite a bit. We're in the tech industry. Nobody is open or wanting anything right now, and we're having our worst month in probably 30 years according to the execs. Q1 will be a disaster. A lot of us salaried folk are working from home. They've furloughed some of the hourly folks they deemed non essential for now, mostly admin type staff. They told them to go on unemployment for now. They've kept sales, operations, and service folk on for now though. But if this goes on for another month who knows how many more will get furloughed or even laid off. It's crazy.

im staying home and they are paying me for 3 weeks. after that not sure whats going down, might be out of work for a while

I'm fortunate in that I already worked from home and my work has largely been unaffected. I'll be praying for those of you that are struggling through this.

Even the 62 year old grandmother who is the office manager was working in the shop.

HEY NOW!!! REPORTED! I'm a 61 & 5/6ths (62 in early June) year old grandfather and I have been working 5:00-3:00 every day (Supporting medical staff), climbing ladders, plunging potties, "essential poop" :) the last 3 weeks! A few extra precautions...
All Masked up pic.jpg
:pound:

So far I’ve been running fairly steady, two trips to Miami area.
Some of the company drivers are laying out, so I might stay busy.
Lots of my customers are closing for a few weeks so I’m anticipating a slow down at least.

We are working 3 days a week. Trying to keep enough people around to maintain the place, but as few as possible for preventative measures. We are being paid for full weeks, so we are also on call if needed.

It is a weird time. My heart goes out to anyone who has suffered from this, health wise or financially. It is an absolute mess.

That's a good question, I'm straight, but how is it possible to circumvent the HIPPA laws?

Not sure. I've seen the letter and it basically says they're going to ask for documentation but further guidance is coming lol...I think they're trying to figure that part out.

Me personally, I don't care. But what I DO care about is I called my Dr and I have to PICK UP my letter. I imagine I'm not going to be the only one that has to go out in public (unnecessarily) to appease somebody higher up.

Back
Top Bottom