• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

Was cleaning a deceased relative’s house out and came upon the following tucked away. Pre 65 dimes and quarters and silver halves. Also found the $10 gold coin. How should I go abkut valuing this stuff? Thanks!
30e8baa49734badca470fe69e05a5d09.jpg

463d8aacc6cfc62c63dc90bbaaabfd2f.jpg

8457a4282336ea22ffb82996c761a049.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
from a valuation of strictly metal https://www.coinflation.com/silver_coin_values.html will give you that. For any numismatic value your best shot would be at a coin shop. if they want to both value them and purchase for the price valued you may or may not want to do that.
if you want to sell at the melt or metal price listed on the site I listed there are people on here, myself definitely included, who would purchase at that price.
if you don’t need to sell these immediately to settle an estate my advice would be to just sit on them awhile or get in no hurry to get the valuation done. Silver is in a bit of a trough that most of us feel it will come out of sooner or later. Inflation makes this a near certainty.
my condolences on your relative’s passing.

If you watch eBay long enough, you'll get a pretty good idea of what your coins are worth, in todays market....as for numismatic value, as the previous poster stated, a coin shop would be your best bet....there is no way you should sell at "spot" that would not be smart.....good find!!!
the mint mark on the gold coin(eagle) will make all the difference....it is on the back side(reverse)....if it has a "CC" you got something...doubtful, BUT you never know....good luck

So will silver be a good buy as of today. Not sure if I should buy a lot or just a dollar cost averaging buy strategy over a long period of time. Any suggestions?

No one knows. If you have a good chunk of fiat currency buy enough fo free shipping, watch order more. You can order more than once in a day.

So will silver be a good buy as of today. Not sure if I should buy a lot or just a dollar cost averaging buy strategy over a long period of time. Any suggestions?
I just buy a roll, or 2 when I have the extra money...looks like silver is down a bit from recent, so maybe, if it works for you....buy

Back
Top Bottom