• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

monument looks a little better. Are all the bars the same? Many choices
not sure what you mean,each refiner has there own trademark style of bar.now if you are talking aboout the option where Monument picks the refiner then no they would be a random pick.
now some of the bars are .999 and some are .9999 pure.
i will say they recently raised premiums by $1 but look at the deal section "silver raid" sometimes you can get good deals on pre order stuff,and that price is locked in when you buy.

So am I I've shopped and bought around and monument seems to be the cheapest
I just put one in the cart to see - I am a rookie with silver buying
i have to ask what is you goal in buying precious metals?
right now my stash is not for me but my grand daughter as i have a feeling that the US currency will be reset during her lifetime,which will throw the decimal point to the left,if it doesnt thats fine.
also watch the video,i think its posted in this thread,where the guy explains the difference between currency and money.
there is also an ODT member in this thread that has gone through currency collapse in another country.pay heed to what he says.

So I inherited this set. Any notion on how to value? Haven’t a clue here!

Attachments

• ADB66516-056C-4709-9117-59BEF48E7592.jpeg
    ADB66516-056C-4709-9117-59BEF48E7592.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 08C2C688-6D0A-47BE-986C-805D37D31AFE.jpeg
    08C2C688-6D0A-47BE-986C-805D37D31AFE.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 23
can you get a better pic of the back of the spoon does it say "sterling" reed and barton did sterling and plated flatware
send pics to Cire Cire as well he can help you with it i do beleive.
there is a melt value for sterling as well as collector value,there are some outfits that buy it as well.look at replacements.com and you can see what they are "asking" maybe contact them to see what they will offer?

weigh everything but the dinner knives and plug it into this

granted that just gives you a melt i use grams when i do the conversion.

Back
Top Bottom