• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

I’m sticking to bullion. Seems much easier to value. Coins are to involved for me at this point. I started at the end of last month with my first small purchase and plan on doing monthly purchases going forward. Nothing crazy, but I figure in 5-10 years it will add up to something versus holding on to that cash.
I started at the end of 19. Bought my first Sunshine Mint rounds at Wellston Gold and Silver Exchange in Warner Robins. Back then spot was about $16.00. Since then I've gotten up as high as 90 ounces. Right now I have about 85 ounces between rounds bars and 90% coins. For a long time I was trying to buy at least 2 ounces every week. But I'll be damned if something unexpected ain't come up every single week this year requiring me to spend my hold out hundred.

I started at the end of 19. Bought my first Sunshine Mint rounds at Wellston Gold and Silver Exchange in Warner Robins. Back then spot was about $16.00. Since then I've gotten up as high as 90 ounces. Right now I have about 85 ounces between rounds bars and 90% coins. For a long time I was trying to buy at least 2 ounces every week. But I'll be damned if something unexpected ain't come up every single week this year requiring me to spend my hold out hundred.
I’m just getting started, but life is always throwing a wrench in the best laid plans!!

which seller on ebay?
i have my reservations about buying anything like that off ebay
I'm no expert. however I can read feedback, and I can go through a sellers background....I don't buy anything from China, that would be stupid....in fact, I never even considered that. Anybody stupid enough to buy gold from China, deserves to get screwed. All of the folks that I buy from have, and are, selling gold and silver, and have excellent feedback. I'm not stupid enough to buy from someone I cannot verify as a legitimate seller. It's not as hard as some here make out....not everybody selling on eBay is a crook/thief/scam artist.....many of the sellers on eBay are folks that people here suggest buying from.....Apmex, Aden, Scottsdale, Bullion Exchange....the list goes on....MANY sellers on eBay are legit....DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
I'm buying these coins at near what folks here say "I'm buying bullion" for....well....that's EXACTLY what I'm doing, it just happens to be in the form of a coin.....where you buy, what you buy, how you buy, when you buy....really doesn't matter to anyone but YOU....buy what YOU like, and buy as much as YOU can.
Something I find interesting, while watching eBay auctions....many people will pay more on eBay for a coin than you can buy the SAME coin for, from a big dealer....simply amazing....DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! check the dealers....don't get caught up in the auction process!!! make your bid at what seems reasonable for the coin....if you don't get it, move on to the next one....if your buying condition, then buy condition, if your buying "bullion" condition means much less...I buy the smaller coins, as I believe them to be a bit more negotiable, if SHTF....other than that....I'd buy double eagles, or current manufactured coins.....whatever is cheaper per gold weight.....no bars for me

$2,057....about $100 over spot.....about as good as you can do from a legit seller....
s-l1600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom