ohhhh my lerd-best mexican food

QUOTE="JamesG, post: 4614032, member: 51128"]The chimichanga is NOT Mexican food. It was invented in California to make fat gringos fatter. Just sayin'. Most "Mexican" restaurants are about as Mexican as the "Chinese" restaurants are.[/QUOTE]. Thank God for TexMex , real Mehican food is bland and hot. No good flavor at all. I ate goat innerds in El Toron , Mehico and they didn't even try to give it flavor, like chewing on a rubber hose. Best I had was in Budda/Kyle Texas.

I'm a fan of Nuevo Laredo - the restaurant in the Howell mill area, not the ****ty Mexican town.

The lobster tacos, slap yo' mama!

Plus, I get hungry when I smell the delicious dish inside the gentle folds of a first rate taco. (Ok, too far?)

Well I had to travel a bit for it but the BEST Mexican food I have ever had was on the beach in Mazatlan from a taco cart. It's all about the corn tortillia in Mexico, no mamby pamby flour tortillas there and the peppers were probably picked growing wild on the side of the road fresh that day. AND, it stayed with me all day, no rapid exit if you know what I mean.

Ok, if you're going to Mexico to get good MEXICAN food... that's a WHOLE 'nuther story. This guy had the best fish tacos... anywhere on Baja. This is somewhere between Tijuana and Cabo... on the Pacific side.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...23993458.58490.100000483859003&type=3&theater

ASSHOLE#104 Len

I second (or third) Nuevo Laredo Cantina on Chattahoochee Avenue just off Atlanta Rd / Marietta Blvd as one of the best and more authentic than most. One of the more interesting we've found is also in the Chattahoochee Industrial park area on Ellsworth just south of Chattahoochee Avenue - Bone Garden Cantina; interesting decorations, creative menu, good food, good people, frequent tequila tastings - it's a place we go with out of town guests or just a special night. Not a typical neighborhood Mexican restaurant.

Pappasito's has great food, but definitely TexMex and not Mexican food; and Pappadeaux next door is great as well.

Back
Top Bottom