• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Oil Filter Suppressor????? Seriously?

yes it is, and you still have to pay $200 and wait 6 months for it. the solvent trap adapters cost $40 plus shipping. they adapt to popular chevy 350 filter threads. options for tiny filters of the massive 1.5 liter ones.

I have a few of the adapters. mine were only $40. They are "Solvent Trap Adapters" from Cadiz Gun Works. They are only for cleaning, and recycling barrel solvent, therefore they are not registered or taxable items. but it would be illegal to fire through them. which i have never done or intend to do. that would be improvising a silencer.

I thought about getting one they look great to use while cleaning but I don't own anything with a threaded barrel. I guess I could always use a funnel with it. My dad works at a part store an could get a dented filter cheap.

I have trouble calling it a "Waste" of money. At $75 it's worth the money for the novelty amusement alone ;)

There are hundreds of different size, shape and internal components to choose from in the oil filter market. It might be fun
just to go through a couple dozen of them with a db meter and see what differences they make ... why? Just because you can ...

you have to send the oil can in everytime to be serialized as the removable baffles (oil can) can only be changed by the manufacturer. ask AAC, YHM, SilencerCo or anyone else to send you a new baffle stack. if you dont send the oil can to be serialized and destroy the old one you are breaking a law. secondly you cant aim with that thing on. if you are going to spend $200 bucks, make it worth while

I have a few of the adapters. mine were only $40. They are "Solvent Trap Adapters" from Cadiz Gun Works. They are only for cleaning, and recycling barrel solvent, therefore they are not registered or taxable items. but it would be illegal to fire through them. which i have never done or intend to do. that would be improvising a silencer.

Win

you have to send the oil can in everytime to be serialized as the removable baffles (oil can) can only be changed by the manufacturer. ask AAC, YHM, SilencerCo or anyone else to send you a new baffle stack. if you dont send the oil can to be serialized and destroy the old one you are breaking a law. secondly you cant aim with that thing on. if you are going to spend $200 bucks, make it worth while

the adapter is the serialized part. not the oil filter.
and your info is incorrect. some cans have removable/replaceable baffles.

the adapter is the serialized part. not the oil filter.

This has been gone over countless times. Even though my Osprey 45 has its serial number on the back of it, I can't go replacing the tube all willy nilly. The tube must be replaced by an 07/02. Replacing the filter on your own is illegal. The only thing you can replace is a wipe and even that is only a certain number of restricted material, metal is expressly prohibited.

This has been gone over countless times. Even though my Osprey 45 has its serial number on the back of it, I can't go replacing the tube all willy nilly. The tube must be replaced by an 07/02. Replacing the filter on your own is illegal. The only thing you can replace is a wipe and even that is only a certain number of restricted material, metal is expressly prohibited.

Correct. Call up CDW and ask about replacing the oil filter. Theres a reason they write a serial number on the can.

Back
Top Bottom