ok ,gold,silver or ammo you pick one

I have five 24k Gold .45 bullets. Think that cover both. Cool conversation pices but they also are loaded with powder. I am always afraid I'll forget to take um out at the range........ JK they stay in the safe!

One way to think about it: Gold is your IRA, preserves and stores wealth. Silver is your checking account, debit card, used for day to day purchases, ammo is your insurance policy. Never barter ammo, they might come back looking for a deal to die for!

I'm sorry but I really struggle to see the value of Gold or Silver as anything other than an investment to diversify a portfolio. Yes it will have intrinsic value even if the states were to collapse but would i trade you my last sandwich for all of your silver or gold? No. Things of purpose like ammo will be far more valuable in my opinion.

In SHTF I think gold and silver would be useless, I would not trade 2 of last 5 cans of food for a whole wheelbarrow of gold. But with ammo I can always get more food. But if we were have an economic melt down gold may be the best investment but at the prices we have now I don't think now is the time for me to start investing. After looking at what has happened to ammo prices in the past few months 22prices have jumped way more than gold. Just something to think about.

If you look at the sittuation we have been in recently you see that ammo is a very good currency . i have seen it buy , Mags , guns other ammos and all sorts of things on this site as well as others . May be nice to have other stuff but i think a stock pile of ammo is for sure a good item to buy for barter if ever a SHTF does hit

Back
Top Bottom