• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ok guys lets see some pics of today hunt

Shot a doe in the head with a 300 mag.Nothing in front of the ears.Last head shot for me.I have more respect for the hunt now that I am older.If I shoot one fine,if I dont I get to go try again.Saw plenty this weekend just wasnt time for a shot.

I like head shots if I can take them. They're nasty to look at but very humane and zero waste. Makes cleaning them a lot easier. Neck shots are the norm. Higher percentage shot. I saw a few does and a 4 pointer this weekend. Not ready to shoot does yet. Heading back to camp this Friday and will stay for 9 days. Can't wait. Lots of buck sign starting to be laid down. They should be full tilt while we are there.

Shot a doe in the head with a 300 mag.Nothing in front of the ears.Last head shot for me.I have more respect for the hunt now that I am older.If I shoot one fine,if I dont I get to go try again.Saw plenty this weekend just wasnt time for a shot.

Biker, you're a good man and I'm sure a lot of us younger fellas could learn a thing or two from ya. Never shot a deer in the head but I shot a bear in the a** a few years back. She was phat and I didn't want her to get away. Inhumane? Probably. Would I do it again? Probably not.

Was he a census taker?

Looking good everyone! I've seen quite a few doe either too far out of reach in the thick woods or bumping them on the way to the stand and a few smaller bucks that I let walk. I'm hoping to get one doe before the rut kicks off. Also watched a red fox play around for about 10 minutes this morning which was pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom