• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ok, need some help

Don't know if they'll respond but I emailed Federal to see if they would. I doubt few work there still since 1991 with all the business acquisitions that have taken place since then, but who knows, the answer is always no if you don't ask.

Federal responded, said they don’t know what it is and they don’t use anything like it. The ammo was made probably before anyone that works there now. Guess it’ll remain a mystery.

do you reckon some kind of insect put it in those cases?
I wouldn't think so, no others have it and they were sealed in box that was in an ammo can that I rarely opened. I cannot rule it absolutely out but I'd think if it were bugs they may have like some of the other brass that was in there too, maybe they were just 7mm Magnum bugs :). My ultimate thought is that they tried some type powder/load/combination and either found a better way or just dumped the idea. Like I said they are from 1991, I don't put a whole lot of stock in what the tech services people say over 30yrs later and they stand nothing to gain by telling me anyway if they did know.

Back
Top Bottom