• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Okay I'm into watches again. Post your favorite models

I went to check out an Omega and they sure are small, and the helium release needs to go.
You must have gorilla wrist. I’m a thicker dude and 42mm fits me really well. Could do without the escape valve but you don’t notice it on wrist.

A8584E93-F2D8-4142-A3F1-577F48D2A58B.jpeg

You must have gorilla wrist. I’m a thicker dude and 42mm fits me really well. Could do without the escape valve but you don’t notice it on wrist.

View attachment 3731551
My favorite version of the SM 300. Have the same watch myself. Every bit the watch Rolex is at 1/3 of the current secondary market price (since you can't get Rolex at retail without waiting 3 years) without all the games Rolex and their ADs like to play.

My favorite version of the SM 300. Have the same watch myself. Every bit the watch Rolex is at 1/3 of the current secondary market price (since you can't get Rolex at retail without waiting 3 years) without all the games Rolex and their ADs like to play.
The smart money in the high end watch market is with Omega without a doubt. And they have been doing it longer than Rolex. The Sesmaster line especially the Planet Ocean just have more style than most Rolex models.

The smart money in the high end watch market is with Omega without a doubt. And they have been doing it longer than Rolex. The Sesmaster line especially the Planet Ocean just have more style than most Rolex models.
Agreed 100%. Omega is just solid across the board but can't play the exclusivity game Rolex and some other play. Rich folks love that "you can't get it" game. Unless you're talking some of the Omega Snoopy or Apollo Speedmasters and the like. Those are pretty high. I don't buy investment watches anymore. I buy them because I like them and I wear them without hesitation so re-sale is irrelevant for me. I refuse to over pay for any watch even if I can afford it just on principle, especially if it's an artificially inflated price.

Now if you're an investor Rolex and a few others are the way to go. I flipped Rolex and the like for few years on the secondary market, many years ago, and the margins were really good even back then if you knew what to buy and could find owners that did not know what they had from a market stand point. Even the less popular models from the late 70's early 80's never depreciated beyond a certain point if they were in good shape.

Back
Top Bottom