• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Okay.. So this has been a long time coming... A real ODT takeover of GUM LOG

Not one skeeter bite until we headed North. Damn thing hitched a ride in the cab and chewed my leg all the way home.

For those who have never hunted that area it is not unusual for the river banks to overflow considering the rainfall they had. Skeeters need water ... moral be prepared http://www.sawyer.com/permFAQ.html treat everything. Then 40% Deet (Keep off your youngins) a head net, Thermo-Cell or Outdoors "Clip-on" . The skeeters will hate you. With all the above I have been in sounders having 20-30 hogs, areas with deer and it doesn't spook them.

Other prep... "snake boots" unless you like venomous critters..... and as any hunter prep is a good, functional sighted in firearm. And you seldom get a long shot. I zero at 50 yards and don't miss.....

I really enjoyed meeting the guys and as Scott said not a "tool" in the bunch well except maybe that "Mod" guy ...:p Brian impressed me with his marksmanship and video work as well a Dust.. three pig man... Oh and that "Mod" hog killin Glock lover.... Congrats to all that scored.

The folks at Gum Log gave us 1st class "Southern" hospitality. Bar none these brothers treated us like family and went the extra mile to insure a great hunt was held.

For those of us not lucky enough to have bagged a hog or opportunity to see action, you have to keep in mind. It's called "HUNTING" not "KILLING" Enjoy the thrill of the hunt, the sight both flora and fauna... Thank your maker for that chance and pray for another successful "Hunt"...

OK... when's the next trip? How about Pronghorn in WY? Now were are talkin "Long Shots"....:laser:

Not one skeeter bite until we headed North. Damn thing hitched a ride in the cab and chewed my leg all the way home.

For those who have never hunted that area it is not unusual for the river banks to overflow considering the rainfall they had. Skeeters need water ... moral be prepared http://www.sawyer.com/permFAQ.html treat everything. Then 40% Deet (Keep off your youngins) a head net, Thermo-Cell or Outdoors "Clip-on" . The skeeters will hate you. With all the above I have been in sounders having 20-30 hogs, areas with deer and it doesn't spook them.

Other prep... "snake boots" unless you like venomous critters..... and as any hunter prep is a good, functional sighted in firearm. And you seldom get a long shot. I zero at 50 yards and don't miss.....

I really enjoyed meeting the guys and as Scott said not a "tool" in the bunch well except maybe that "Mod" guy ...:p Brian impressed me with his marksmanship and video work as well a Dust.. three pig man... Oh and that "Mod" hog killin Glock lover.... Congrats to all that scored.

The folks at Gum Log gave us 1st class "Southern" hospitality. Bar none these brothers treated us like family and went the extra mile to insure a great hunt was held.

For those of us not lucky enough to have bagged a hog or opportunity to see action, you have to keep in mind. It's called "HUNTING" not "KILLING" Enjoy the thrill of the hunt, the sight both flora and fauna... Thank your maker for that chance and pray for another successful "Hunt"...

OK... when's the next trip? How about Pronghorn in WY? Now were are talkin "Long Shots"....:laser:

Really Dave? My feelings are hurt. I might have to go eat a pint of ice cream and watch "Beaches" to heal. :pound:

Really Dave? My feelings are hurt. I might have to go eat a pint of ice cream and watch "Beaches" to heal. :pound:

Dave, you left the Circle of Trust when you told of poor Doug and the 10 rounds fired from his Glock at 3 feet and still somehow missed the poor little piggy he winged squealing to be put out of his misery. :cheer2:

Back
Top Bottom