• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Okay who likes Government Mule?

If you said "My favorite guitarist is Gilmore", I wouldn't argue. You said he was the best ever, living or dead, which is insane.
Okay my mistake. But how can you hate on Gilmore? The work he did on Dark Side, The Wall and Wish You Were Here... Hell even the guitar work was good on Momentary Lapse of Reason.

Negative. Govt mule is awesome, I have seen them plenty of times but it has been maybe 7-8 years since I have seen them last.
This is the Mule I'm talking about
image.jpg

Okay my mistake. But how can you hate on Gilmore? The work he did on Dark Side, The Wall and Wish You Were Here... Hell even the guitar work was good on Momentary Lapse of Reason.

I don't hate on Gilmore, but calling someone the best ever when teenagers, including me, could play passable imitations after a year or two when there are players out there like Danny Gatton that 99.9% of guitarists are never able to imitate is crazy. It's not as bad as saying Angus Young is the best ever, but it's close.

Gov't Mule coming to the Tabernacle in Atlanta, GA Sept 23.
$35 to set near the back.
Wouldn't this be a fun ODT Meet N Greet?

I don't hate on Gilmore, but calling someone the best ever when teenagers, including me, could play passable imitations after a year or two when there are players out there like Danny Gatton that 99.9% of guitarists are never able to imitate is crazy. It's not as bad as saying Angus Young is the best ever, but it's close.

Angus is an awesome guitar player. Maybe not the best ever, but real good either way. Now, if he had said CC DeVille....
Gilmore has one of the best guitar tones. His playing is very good, his ear for guitar tone is great.
There is no such thing as a greatest guitar player. Only opinions. It is very subjective.

Back
Top Bottom