Old movie hit a point home.

I'm really curious as to how young people would answer if you asked them what they thought freedom was.
You think that young people don't understand freedom? They understand it as much as you did when you were their age. We change as we age. We value different goals at 50 than we do at 20. It's the cycle of life.
@don231s I was just referring to how they define it. How do they think about it? I was just picking brains for the sake of comparison

Free Phones
Free Education
Free Housing
Free Medical Care
Free Food
Free Internet
Free **** They Want

Thanks to Obama, Bernie, Killaty and the Dems, tbat is freedom to most of today's youth.

Toay's youth fail to understand the true value of freedom or sacrifice, and it is their parents fault.

You came to the ODT to pick brains?:confused:?:confused:?:confused: That's funny right there! :pound:
Speaking of old movies... Before Zombies of course :)
View attachment 1705585

You honestly don't know how much captivity you are in... until you are free...:thumb:
I'm not trying to hijack your thread into a religious debate, but I found this freedom at age 25 (60 now) it works for eternity...
John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.:thumb:
The only true freedom.

Freedom is staying home,watching TV, playing video games, staying ignorant and waiting for the check the government sends for doing nothing.
As a former Postman that was an everyday occurrence. I had a young man come out to the mailbox and asked why I was late. Late for what I asked? I need my check and you are late. I told him I am not late and do you know my schedule? No, I don't know but I need my check.
How old are you? I'm 22. What kind of check are you talking about? My welfare check.
I then told him there is a way you could avoid this. He said, How is that. I replied , Get a job and try to make something of yourself.
I added, When you get this check and not aspire to get an education and make something of yourself then you can't blame anyone for your situation but you. I left it at that.
When I got back to the office, the supervisor said he had a call from the young man stating I was being rude and a smarta$$. I told the Supervisor if he can't handle the truth that's on him not me. End of story.

slick slick This is the type of thing I think most people would answer with. I think TresMonos TresMonos hit a point on the head also. I just dont understand how people can advocate for a redistribution of wealth, maybe because theyve never had any substantial amount of money in their lives. I asked a friend of mine who doesnt do much an lives at home what he valued more freedom or security, meaning would he trade his civil liberties for a safer place, and he said he'd rather america be a safer place if we all had to give some things up. IDK man.

Back
Top Bottom