• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OLD - Please refer to new thread - ODT Gun Show & Meet-Up - Moved to Jan 22, 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm exploring a possible taco loophole. I can't sell food but I think I might be able to provide food, so if I find some big taco sponsors we could give everyone a taco with their admission. (Not the actual taco, but a "taco ticket" if you will, that you will then take to the kitchen and trade for your taco.)

I also think I may be able to provide bottled waters (with our event logo on them). Would be nice to go to a show and not have to spend $20 for a drink and a snack.

I'm sorry you're not.

We need more true, unconditional, uncompromising 2A supporters in this culture. We're giving it away and we don't even realize it. It's a terrible, counterproductive thing to show the anti 2A public that we need and/or are ok with gun control at our own events. It's the next best thing to a full concession to the anti-gun crowd and I want no part of it.

The “no loaded firearms or loose ammunition” is part of the event insurance policy, not the venue necessarily. Do you have any clue how much a one day insurance policy for a gun show is, let alone try to even find one that would cover it if Okuma Okuma allowed loaded guns on site? Simple answer, probably northwards of $100k for ONE day so guys could feel like they weren’t being violated. The rule is also there to prevent dumba$$e$ from popping off a shot at a table as it’s handed across to a vendor, to check for holster fitment, etc. As a dealer at a lot of gun shows over the years, I’ll tell you that a loaded, unzip-tied gun coming across the table that “they forgot to check at the door” spooks you TF out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The “no loaded firearms or loose ammunition” is part of the event insurance policy, not the venue necessarily. Do you have any clue how much a one day insurance policy for a gun show is, let alone try to even find one that would cover it if Okuma Okuma allowed loaded guns on site? Simple answer, probably northwards of $100k for ONE day so guys could feel like they weren’t being violated. The rule is also there to prevent dumba$$e$ from popping off a shot at a table as it’s handed across to a vendor, to check for holster fitment, etc. As a dealer at a lot of gun shows over the years, I’ll tell you that a loaded, unzip-tied gun coming across the table that “they forgot to check at the door” spooks you TF out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well spoken, but some people just dont get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom