• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ole Trusty Rusty...Fail!

oxbat

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
I've been carrying this little Keltec P32 for a couple years now. Many rounds through it, trusted, dependable, ect...Noticed a little rattle a while back but haven't thought anything about it. Figured it was a loose/misaligned round in the mag. Broke it down for a cleaning today and found the main/hammer spring is broken/rusted in two. Thank GOD I haven't NEEDED it! I will say, I'm not very good about regular cleaning, but I do blow the pocket lint out of the barrel and spray it with Remoil fairly often, not wanting rust on the barrel or slide. From now on, I will be paying more attention to the "hidden" internals. On the bright side, it's time for upgraded springs!
20170914_221115.jpg

Attachments

• 20170914_222928.jpg
    20170914_222928.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20170914_221039.jpg
    20170914_221039.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 80
I had one of these for years. I really liked it I found it to be pretty darn accurate and went bang 100% of the time when I pulled the trigger. I guess anything given enough time and sweat will give up. Im interested to hear if the springs and replacement parts are available.

I've been carrying this little Keltec P32 for a couple years now. Many rounds through it, trusted, dependable, ect...Noticed a little rattle a while back but haven't thought anything about it. Figured it was a loose/misaligned round in the mag. Broke it down for a cleaning today and found the main/hammer spring is broken/rusted in two. Thank GOD I haven't NEEDED it! I will say, I'm not very good about regular cleaning, but I do blow the pocket lint out of the barrel and spray it with Remoil fairly often, not wanting rust on the barrel or slide. From now on, I will be paying more attention to the "hidden" internals. On the bright side, it's time for upgraded springs! View attachment 1317535

Remoil....that's the problem:boink:

I like em, carry as EDC backup for 45 XDS, has crimson trace laser since sights are basically just speed bumps, goes bang though and with the new Civil Defense bullets, smoking at 1000 FSP.

Back
Top Bottom