• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Once again we do nothing

34   0
Reaction score
I have heard nothing about law abiding gun owners organizing a pro gun rally in any state or city. We sit by as the left exploits another tragic shooting to push their comunist agenda. WAKE UP!! While we hide under a rock and hope this goes away the idiots on the left will take this opertunity to take away our constitutional right. What happen to this country when did it change into to a bunch of spineless p___ys? If this had happened 20 years ago the NRA would have stood up and at least pushed back some. Everybody from the NRA to Academy sports rolled over this week. So stay under your rocks and hope and pray they don't come after your guns and see what happens. It's time to make a stand!

Everyone under estimates the media as well. They put out the brain wash, the general American public bites, gas goes up, foreclosures increase, tighter gun restrictions, etc.. They could talk all day about a rock shortage and you would have to gaurd your drive way!
Look at what happened with Y2K.

The NRA would lose face over puching back too soon. Just out of respect for the families, you can't charge in and push political agenda immediately. This will be won or lost in the coming weeks or months. A strong voice by any pro-rights group too soon is just bad pr.

You're right though. It is time to get active. The NRA is warming up for the biggest fight we have ever had.

I agree. I also understand the people that are wanting to be a little diplomatic here, considering how awful this tragedy really was. Think about how that move would be portrayed, right?

Not saying we shouldn't do it...just saying I understand where the other side is coming from. Ya know, nothing stopping you from making that first move.

I have only contacted my Representive so far but would like to see an organized protest in ATL before the end of the year. Maybe all the fine people of ODT will be a good start to getting a big turn out.

The NRA would lose face over puching back too soon. Just out of respect for the families, you can't charge in and push political agenda immediately. This will be won or lost in the coming weeks or months. A strong voice by any pro-rights group too soon is just bad pr.

You're right though. It is time to get active. The NRA is warming up for the biggest fight we have ever had.

Well said..

what sickens me is the fact the the children were so young, and there appears to have been no intervention on the part of the guy's mother to correct deviant behavior. This goes way beyond rights and freedom and is rooted in the fact that parents (and every other citizen, it seems) has forgotten that we are responsible for our own actions, and we cannot let the government raise our children. We expect schools, Elmo, TV, Scouts, and every other organization raise our kids. PARENTS, WAKE UP...children are a gift from God, and once blessed we have an obligation
Sorry, it just sickens me to see that as a nation we no longer feel responsible for our God given duty to do the right thing
My heart goes out to the parents, and the children that will be permanently scarred, and to the rest of us that have to fight a battle that I feel is already lost....

I sent this to both Senators and my Representative this morning:

Senator Chambliss, Senator Isakson, and Representative Kingston,

The tragedy in Connecticut, as well as the similar tragedy in Colorado a few months ago, has raised a clamor of voices saying guns and gun owners are evil. If this is true, then I am evil. I am a husband, father, veteran, taxpayer, and gun owner. I am a believer in the 2nd Amendment and I know our founding fathers specifically included it for a reason – our most basic right is the right to self-determination and defense of ourselves and our loved ones. Guns cannot be evil – only people can be evil and every citizen deserves the right to protect themselves as they deem necessary.

New, more, or “better” gun laws will accomplish nothing as criminals do not follow laws – and the people that commit these heinous acts are criminals – nothing more and nothing less. More legislation and more restrictions will only place every citizen in more danger. Had the teachers and staff of Sandy Hook Elementary been allowed to be armed – this terrible act would likely have been prevented or mitigated. The cowards that perform these acts always seek out targets of opportunity like gun free zones because they know that law abiding citizens will be defenseless.

I will be watching how my elected representatives react to this situation with great interest. I understand that as an elected official it is easy and safe to go with the flow and support new gun restrictions; however, I have hopes that you and your peers have the moral conviction to do what is right. What you do in the coming days, weeks and months will be watched with interest by people just like me. We cherish our constitutional rights and will not support elected leaders that will leave us powerless and defenseless.

Thank you for serving this great country and I wish you health and success as you represent me and my family in these trying times. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours!

Sincerely,

Dave ..........
Hinesville, Georgia
December 19, 2012

Back
Top Bottom