• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One in 12 Homes bought in 2022 are underwater!

I dont agree with OP nor the article...To me, It's about affordability. If you can afford it at the rate and price that you paid, what does it matter if you are under water or filled with equity?

Rent hasnt truly gone down in the last 2 decades, including financial crisis of 2008. Regardless of being underwater, your alternative (rent) isnt getting better. It's gotten worst.

The author here is comparing valued paid compared to an intrinsit value of a home that have yet to sell. A loss has not yet occurred. This is apples vs oranges

I dont agree with OP nor the article...To me, It's about affordability. If you can afford it at the rate and price that you paid, what does it matter if you are under water or filled with equity?

Rent hasnt truly gone down in the last 2 decades, including financial crisis of 2008. Regardless of being underwater, your alternative (rent) isnt getting better. It's gotten worst.

The author here is comparing valued paid compared to an intrinsit value of a home that have yet to sell. A loss has not yet occurred. This is apples vs oranges
I think people fall in the trap of looking at it from an investment standpoint and not a HOME. Two different worlds there. I agree with you, equity is fantastic but people have to consider whether they're buying a home or making a financial investment.

Invest in your home but don't make your home an investment or you'll likely never be happy when that statement rolls in every month.

Until you sell it, I see no issue. You have to live somewhere!! As far as predicting where housing is headed, there is no doubt it will keep going up in the long run. Short term there is a little turbulence, so markets will eventually stabilize accordingly.

I sold and bought in 2021 and according to Zillow and Redfin I’m up 100k though it was 150k 6mo ago. I don’t care I’m not selling\ moving again until I retire in 10yrs.

don't let your crappy neighbors or HOA dictate/pressure you on one of your largest financial decisions. I mean i get it... i have a huge distaste for some of my neighbors, but they are coming and going as well.
HA! When we bought this house, I planned on being here less than 5 years. I didn't plan on the interest/home values rising like they did. So I do feel kind of stuck, but it's not a terrible situation, financially speaking.

However, the day I wrote that about my neighbors, I came home and had to chastise the 5 HELLION children who live behind me after 3 of them threw some large river rocks from my landscaping at my front door. The 13 year old was threatening to beat my ass and when the 11 year old kept hearing it, he decided to grow some nuts and chest bump me while making the same threats. All this while I was having a talk with their non-English-speaking mother, her friend the translator, and her friend's daughter who spoke fluent English. I think I was able to universally get the message across that there would be Hell to pay if it happened again and if the 2 oldest ones were 18, there would be a totally different outcome than what they were dealing with at that moment.

The other neighbor I don't like is the same one who would stand within 3' of my yard and watch me cut the grass, wouldn't talk, wouldn't wave, nothing. Just stand there like a statue and watch me. When I paid my fence guy to replace the broken pickets on the fence that divides our property, he cussed out my fence guy for not asking first. I had went the day before to be neighborly and discuss but he wouldn't answer the door or his phone since he has a RING doorbell.

If my neighbors get hit by a bus, I'll throw a party.

HA! When we bought this house, I planned on being here less than 5 years. I didn't plan on the interest/home values rising like they did. So I do feel kind of stuck, but it's not a terrible situation, financially speaking.

However, the day I wrote that about my neighbors, I came home and had to chastise the 5 HELLION children who live behind me after 3 of them threw some large river rocks from my landscaping at my front door. The 13 year old was threatening to beat my ass and when the 11 year old kept hearing it, he decided to grow some nuts and chest bump me while making the same threats. All this while I was having a talk with their non-English-speaking mother, her friend the translator, and her friend's daughter who spoke fluent English. I think I was able to universally get the message across that there would be Hell to pay if it happened again and if the 2 oldest ones were 18, there would be a totally different outcome than what they were dealing with at that moment.

The other neighbor I don't like is the same one who would stand within 3' of my yard and watch me cut the grass, wouldn't talk, wouldn't wave, nothing. Just stand there like a statue and watch me. When I paid my fence guy to replace the broken pickets on the fence that divides our property, he cussed out my fence guy for not asking first. I had went the day before to be neighborly and discuss but he wouldn't answer the door or his phone since he has a RING doorbell.

If my neighbors get hit by a bus, I'll throw a party.
I hear ya... my neighbor is a felon that tried to kill his mother... and is now living with the same lady. Talk about crazy!
....he's back in jail now which is good.

I'm sitting with Cash in hand waiting for the deals

Attachments

• vulture-looking.gif
    vulture-looking.gif
    2 MB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom