• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

One of the stupidest things I've seen lately

Only in a non-union environment.
It's one of the reasons I never joined the mafia .... I mean union. When I started at Kroger in 1982, the hiring manager asked me if I wanted to join the union. I said, "No sir, I'd like to be a manager or buyer one day." He replied, "Excellent. I'm starting you at $5.75 per hour." Union start wage back then was something like $4.50 per hour. I received raises to $7.70 per hour by 1986 working at night in Athens while at UGA. My union coworkers would become furious with me because I'd see something that needed doing, and I'd do it even if it wasn't in my job description. One fat ass floor man carried a union rule book in his hip pocket and he'd take it out and thump it at me while screaming, "You aught not be doing that!". I just laughed at him. He could never get Sunday shifts and my manager allowed me to do whatever I wanted or saw needing doing on Sundays, even just dressing shelves. Sunday pay was from a different labor account and we were paid double time for Sunday hours.

Maybe the degrees should start costing less.
They will never cost less as long as the government guarantees the loans with taxpayer money. In America the loan companies will give a hundred and twenty thousand dollar loan to someone that does not have any form of income. If I go to a used car dealer and try to buy a $20,000 truck with no income they are going to laugh me out of the place.

They will never cost less as long as the government guarantees the loans with taxpayer money. In America the loan companies will give a hundred and twenty thousand dollar loan to someone that does not have any form of income. If I go to a used car dealer and try to buy a $20,000 truck with no income they are going to laugh me out of the place.
^^^^^This^^^^^

Government involvement in ANYTHING only ever serves to drive up costs and reduce efficiency/efficacy.

Back
Top Bottom