• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

One of the stupidest things I've seen lately

IF we had any kids, I'd love for them to be a plumber or electrician. I would almost lock the kid in a closet to keep them away from college nowadays. College worked out for me in my career, but anymore it's simply grades 13 - 16...

IF we had any kids, I'd love for them to be a plumber or electrician. I would almost lock the kid in a closet to keep them away from college nowadays. College worked out for me in my career, but anymore it's simply grades 13 - 16...
But, but, it's the college life that's important. They gotta have the experience.

Like binge drinking with people you've paid to be your friends,
Waking up on the beach during spring break with someone that's coyote ugly,
Asking your parents to call or email your professor to get a better grade,
Hitting snooze on the alarm clock until your morning class is already over,
And of course: attending five seasons of college football!

But, but, it's the college life that's important. They gotta have the experience.

Like binge drinking with people you've paid to be your friends,
Waking up on the beach during spring break with someone that's coyote ugly,
Asking your parents to call or email your professor to get a better grade,
Hitting snooze on the alarm clock until your morning class is already over,
And of course: attending five seasons of college football!
Looks like 1. You didn't go to college. Or 2. You did college wrong

My wife has a Masters in logistics. She's never been able to get a job in logistics without any experience so she chooses to focus on the business side. Delusional people need a reality check upside the head

Looks like 1. You didn't go to college. Or 2. You did college wrong
Hope that was sarcasm. My post was 16% sarcasm. I do have to plead guilty to hitting the snooze bar multiple times when I had a 6am class during the winter quarter.

Unfortunately, this is what I hear co-workers saying about their kids in college, or what some college students talk about. It's certainly what the pay-to-play crowd was interested in when the admissions scam went down a few years ago. Students actually bragging about never going to class so they could spend more time partying and recovering.

The five year thing was a poke at someone I know who changed his major three times to get his dad to keep paying the bills for a college degree.

Well, hopefully, one would work more than one year for that employer.
2 years = $90,000
3 years = $135,000
Plus pay bumps if you’re not dead at your desk.
These poor kids that think they’re going to start at the top of the pay scale have a reality check coming.

If you have the right degree you will. They low ball you, you tell them to get ****ed, and go onto the next offer.

If you're STEM, its easy. I am in industries I have no business being in solely bc I am good at math.

Back
Top Bottom