• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One tough little deer!

jpm2953

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
403   0
Reaction score
Saw this guy on my camera earlier today. Looks like someone shot it with a bow and just had a bad shot. PICT0094.jpg

They are soooo tough. The opening week of bow season I took a 55yard shot on a 6pt and screwed up. I hit him right in the upper thigh (butt)... He ran off with my arrow and we looked for hours, found no blood.

A month later I got him on cam at the same feeder (this time it was at 1am) I bet he will grow nice and big now seeing how he has learned a painful lesson.

I'm pretty cold, but it pisses me off to see injured animals running around like that. Wish I could put a broad head in the guys ass that shot him there.

I'm pretty cold, but it pisses me off to see injured animals running around like that. Wish I could put a broad head in the guys ass that shot him there.

Dude... mistakes happen... A true archer knows that things like this happen...a deer can jump, twitch, or step the wrong direction...an arrow flies at 300 fps give or take a few...not a 2000+ fps bullet...I don't blame the hunter...

Yea, your probably right. It just has not happened to me yet, but when it does I'm sure I will change my tune lol. I have been fortunate so far.

For the most part you are right....but the reality for me is that my shot placement with my arrow was a bit off (I would have gut shot him) but being a 55 yard bow shot and my PSE not being the most quiet bow around, when my strings popped, he dipped his front end forward and down big time causing my arrow to hit his thigh......It made me sick and I looked through those woods for hours.....I dont ever want to just "wound" a deer....I learned from that though to wait for him to get closer with a bow.

Back
Top Bottom