• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

One tough little deer!

I hate to see a wounded animal too. I understand mistakes are made or just bad luck. I think that the majority are like the lesson meastt learned. Be patient and don't take a longer shot than you are sure of. MHO.

For the most part you are right....but the reality for me is that my shot placement with my arrow was a bit off (I would have gut shot him) but being a 55 yard bow shot and my PSE not being the most quiet bow around, when my strings popped, he dipped his front end forward and down big time causing my arrow to hit his thigh......It made me sick and I looked through those woods for hours.....I dont ever want to just "wound" a deer....I learned from that though to wait for him to get closer with a bow.
Great post about learning the hard way! I shot a buck this year in Minnesota that had a broadhead burried in his shoulder. He didnt miss a beat...processor said it was totally heeled and he thought it was probably shot two years earlier. I never would have noticed if he hadnt given me the broadhead.

Back
Top Bottom