Buckeye76

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
95   0
Reaction score
Is in a turkey frying pot!

2017-12-17 12.14.21.jpg
2017-12-17 12.16.21.jpg

When I'm bored in the colder months, I like to cook. Make a lot of soups and freeze them or give them out. I made about 20 quarts of different soups last weekend and used most of my broth. Time to make some more. I always keeps a bag in the freezer for veggie scraps and bones. Once I'm low on frozen broth, I just pull out the bags and toss them in the pot. No salty **** for me. I'll get about 18-20 quarts of broth out of the batch.

Is in a turkey frying pot!

View attachment 1428751 View attachment 1428752

When I'm bored in the colder months, I like to cook. Make a lot of soups and freeze them or give them out. I made about 20 quarts of different soups last weekend and used most of my broth. Time to make some more. I always keeps a bag in the freezer for veggie scraps and bones. Once I'm low on frozen broth, I just pull out the bags and toss them in the pot. No salty **** for me. I'll get about 18-20 quarts of broth out of the batch.

What sort of container or bag to you guys use to freeze your soup?

Wife does that a lot also. During Lobster season we’ll take the empty hull and boil them down for soup stock. Will do the same with Chicken, Grouper makes the best fish stock. Alway have some in the freezer,, Infact we’re having Seafood Chowder tonight... Yummmmmm
Oh heck ya! Growing up down there we always did that, with the fish we filet. The Bone marrow was the key

I just use a which ever brand bag I have on hand, but they are the freezer kind. Keep thinking about a vacuum sealer, just haven't done it yet.

I've been thinking about a vacuum sealer too but that stuff seems so expensive. I like to choose a weekend where i cook enough food tp load the freezer up to last a few weeks.

I've been thinking about a vacuum sealer too but that stuff seems so expensive. I like to choose a weekend where i cook enough food tp load the freezer up to last a few weeks.

I got my sealer from Academy for $50. I buy the rolls of bags so I can determine the size bags I need.

Where it pays for itself is on Sunday mornings at Ingles, when they mark all the meat down. A few months ago, I bought anout 50 lbs of different meats for around $75. I bagged everything in meal size portions and froze it.

It should keep for a couple years.

Back
Top Bottom