• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Only way to make broth.....

I got my sealer from Academy for $50. I buy the rolls of bags so I can determine the size bags I need.

Where it pays for itself is on Sunday mornings at Ingles, when they mark all the meat down. A few months ago, I bought anout 50 lbs of different meats for around $75. I bagged everything in meal size portions and froze it.

It should keep for a couple years.

That sounds great. You mind if i ask how much a roll costs and how long it lasts? Can you go directly from freezer to boiling pot of water? (Newbie here)

That sounds great. You mind if i ask how much a roll costs and how long it lasts? Can you go directly from freezer to boiling pot of water? (Newbie here)

I think 2 rolls are less than $20 and I go through about 4 rolls a year. I have never gone into a boiling pot of water, but I don't see why not. I think they make plastic just for this.

Whenever I have left over chili or soup, I freeze it in single serving plastic containers. Then take it out of the containers and bag it.

Heck, my son made a handle for his axe and wanted to soak it in boiled linseed oil. So we bagged the handle with the linseed oil. It worked great.

I think 2 rolls are less than $20 and I go through about 4 rolls a year. I have never gone into a boiling pot of water, but I don't see why not. I think they make plastic just for this.

Whenever I have left over chili or soup, I freeze it in single serving plastic containers. Then take it out of the containers and bag it.

Heck, my son made a handle for his axe and wanted to soak it in boiled linseed oil. So we bagged the handle with the linseed oil. It worked great.

These are the bags I use. I think someone here recommended them. They're a fraction of the cost of the FoodSaver bags and work just as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GG5I5AK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom