• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Opening day of Archery

Just rolled in and ran a decent 8 point buck out of the road in the neighborhood. I think that he was being a bully to the little 4 pointer on the other side of the road. I guess I have something else to watch out for besides drunks, and cops on my ride home.

She came in about 30 minutes till dark and was out at maybe 60 yards, I watched her and she disappeared going the other direction. I knew for sure that was the last I would see of her. About to minutes till dark I hear a stick crack to my left and here she comes. She stopped broadside at about 15 yards to give me the perfect double lung. I watched her run 30 yards and hit the ground. God has blessed me tonight.View attachment 542337

Sandals bro? I'm disappointed. Nice score. I knew you would. I'll be there soon. Good job and good hunting.

Yea... are those sandals snake proof? Bow hunting attire is different in your woods I guess.

I had several to choose from last evening.
I saw this little one then I saw more movement as they all browsed.
I scoped the little one to get a better look then I see this massive reddish deer eating from tall branches.
Then the doe that I shot was pretty good sized but nowhere near the size of that monster that was with them.
I couldn't tell if it was a doe or buck but it was a biggun for sure but they appeared to be following each other to the left and would have made their way behind me so when this doe presented herself I figured I better take her.
I'll give it a few days and try for that big one.
By that time hikingthehills should have about six deer in the freezer.... Haha.

Yea... are those sandals snake proof? Bow hunting attire is different in your woods I guess.
I keep all my camo and rubber boots in a plastic box and I only put it on when I head in the woods and take it off as soon as I hit my truck. I keep all the clothes and hunting in with a bunch of pine branches to help cover the scent. Been doing it for years and seems to work well.

Shot this doe last night right before dark. Saw a ton of deer yesterday, just no shooter bucks. She was 20 yards off quartering away, went right through the heart. Ran 20 yards and fell over dead.

Attachments

• 20150912_212110.jpg
    20150912_212110.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 55
I keep all my camo and rubber boots in a plastic box and I only put it on when I head in the woods and take it off as soon as I hit my truck. I keep all the clothes and hunting in with a bunch of pine branches to help cover the scent. Been doing it for years and seems to work well.
Yeah me too! I think it's a great trick. Fresh pine, hickory and sweetgum branches bound together with some string. I'll even set it the plastic tote in the sun to "cook" the scent into the clothes. It's worked well for me over the years.

Back
Top Bottom