• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions of the Bergara B-14 BMP (Bergara Match Precision) rifle.

Well, I have 6 Bergara rifles, including the HMR, the LRP, and the LRP Elite. Bergara shoots 3 strings of 3 shots for accuracy testing for each rifle, sandbags, human. The HMR's in 6.5 CM are consistently producing .40 MOA groups right out of the box and there have been more than a few that are doing .15 to .25. They are absolute tack drivers. The LRP and LRP Elites have a group average of less than .5 MOA with over 2100 groups shot. Several Atlanta Area departments are running Bergara rifles...many of those were chosen over Accuracy International. If you have any doubt about the quality of a Bergara rifle or the level of their customer service, I highly suggest taking a tour of the plant in Lawrenceville Ga. Your gun will shoot as they advertise or they will absolutely make it right.

Your accuracy testing is for their custom guns not the lower end guns. The lower end rifles get shot for one group, as long as its sub moa it's gtg.

B14 HMR's/BMP get the 3 shot, 3 group treatment. The average of those 3 groups are what gets attached to the serial number. FWIW, since we are talking about the B14 action guns, I prefer the HMR over the BMP if you plan on moving around with the gun. The BMP is a bit heavy for my tastes.

It may be the case that the hunting B14's get 1 group, but I know for a fact the HMR and BMP are getting 3, at least right now, as I have seen loads of data for those rifles by serial number. Either way, I guess we ware kind of splitting hairs at this point. I don't own a .308 HMR but I can attest the 6.5 CM HMR while only guaranteed to 1 MOA is consistently producing around .5 or better. All of my premier action rifles such as the LRP and LRP Elites are definitely half-minute guns. I guess it may be a moot point.....Considering Bear44 Bear44 is close enough to someone at Bergara to choose a rifle, he should just choose the one he wants and tell them he wants a hand picked shooter. :-)

It may be the case that the hunting B14's get 1 group, but I know for a fact the HMR and BMP are getting 3, at least right now, as I have seen loads of data for those rifles by serial number. Either way, I guess we ware kind of splitting hairs at this point. I don't own a .308 HMR but I can attest the 6.5 CM HMR while only guaranteed to 1 MOA is consistently producing around .5 or better. All of my premier action rifles such as the LRP and LRP Elites are definitely half-minute guns. I guess it may be a moot point.....Considering Bear44 Bear44 is close enough to someone at Bergara to choose a rifle, he should just choose the one he wants and tell them he wants a hand picked shooter. :-)
I hadn't even thought of that, but that's a damn good idea! I bet he will, too.

I was at a range yesterday while they were testing their rifles, many rifles. Very impressive and they skimp on nothing! The groups at 80 yards were through the same hole. Some were bench rifles, others were custom hunting rifles. They definitely had the best optics money can buy and the best ammo. At 80 yards I was shooting the same groups with my savage. I believe the barrels are made in Spain. I was impressed for sure, just to pricey for this peasant. They look and performed like the best of the best. I believe their customer support is second to none after speaking with the employees.

Back
Top Bottom