Opinions on a couple new forums

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
Been thinking about adding a couple of forums and wanted to see what you guys thought.

Chicken Soup: Feel Good Stories & Prayer Requests

What If....: Discussion about "What would you do" scenarios. This might could be included with the new "Tactics & Training" forum that you guys seem to want.

Opinions?

Like the first one.

Afraid the second one would conflict with "Tactics & Training" by being dominated by whimsical, outlandish, fantasy scenarios whereas "T&T" should contain proven, well thought out posts containing content that might actually contribute to saving lives by helping others to develop the techniques & mindset necessary to avoid or survive a violent attack.

Sometimes real-life "bad guys" do bad things to good people & all the theoretical B.S. dreamed up while sitting on the sofa or computer chair goes out the window replaced by total, abject fear & paralysis due to a lack of training & an attitude of, " I never REALLY thought this would happen to me."
Ask any survivor of a violent encounter & they'll tell you, the reality is quite different than you could ever imagine.

The speed & violence can be mind-numbing.

Like the first one.

Afraid the second one would conflict with "Tactics & Training" by being dominated by whimsical, outlandish, fantasy scenarios whereas "T&T" should contain proven, well thought out posts containing content that might actually contribute to saving lives by helping others to develop the techniques & mindset necessary to avoid or survive a violent attack.

Sometimes real-life "bad guys" do bad things to good people & all the theoretical B.S. dreamed up while sitting on the sofa or computer chair goes out the window replaced by total, abject fear & paralysis due to a lack of training & an attitude of, " I never REALLY thought this would happen to me."
Ask any survivor of a violent encounter & they'll tell you, the reality is quite different than you could ever imagine.

^^^^^agree with this, extra push on the Chicken Soup too

I like the first one.

The second one sounds like it would go in the boiler room. There are some people on here that don't like when someone doesn't agree with them.

Last edited:
chicken soup sounds good ! ;)

The T&T section Im in agreement with Protective Measures ! ..

I think it should be those who are qualified/experienced/trained/certified...... and not just any joe dirt teachin his quick draw magraw methods ...

Like the first one.

x3^^^ The "I was standing in the checkout line at Walmart when....." would detract from the real T&T. ...not that they aren't interesting to hear about occasionally, but not stirred in with T&T.

Back
Top Bottom