• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions on the SCCY pistol

I've been looking at Mackerels for a while. A buddy got a first model with the safety, we shot it up . The mags were stiff but other than that, fit, finish accuracy is decent. I got one from a gun shop, on consignment, never fired...No safety model. It was missing the flat mag bases and the customer service rep. sent them right out. It shoots good, is somewhat compact and was a good deal. I've had Keltecs, the Mackerel trigger is much better. It shoots good one-handed. The trigger takes reps to learn, but it's not a range gun. I like mine, probably not for everyone. My EDC is a G26, the Mackerel is also a ten rounder. Not an heirloom, just an inexpensive shooter. And mags are only 16 bucks. After more rounds through it I'll carry it on my fishin' trips..
Amended my response, for your reading pleasure..

I have carried a Sccy since the Gen 2 came on the market. I have put thousands of rounds through mine with maybe 2 to 4 hang ups per thousand. I have talked many friends into buying one and they all loved them but 1 guy. I bought it from him and sold it to someone that loves it as well. I have carried since 1968, you name the US made brand and I either own one or have owned and carried it. I still have my Smith 59 that was my first EDC and the Colt Government 45 that I carried while in the Military. Both great pistols but I have to say I love the Sccy Gen 2 as well if not better then any other EDC I have owned. If you use good ammo, even reloads loaded correctly there shouldn't be a problem with the Sccy. Keeping it clean and lubed could have been some of the issues others have had as well, who can say but the owners. And yes I have a Pt111 G2 and like it but not as well as the Sccy. I could go on and on but will leave with this thought, NOT EVERYONE likes Fords, Chevys or Dodges. You drive and wear what works best for you.
God Bless America and the 2nd amendment!

I have one for EDC. Once in a while I'll shoot it range just to keep familiar with it. I've even shot it completely full of undie lint. Those who carry IWB will know what I'm talking about. Never had any problem with mine. As long as you're familiar with the long trigger pull and reset IMHO it's a perfectly fine EDC, and if you ever have to use it in a self defense you won't have to worry about a pricey heirloom sitting in the evidence locker for a year.

The trigger literally breaks the deal for me. Otherwise mine was perfect. Like a Glock 42/43 but a little bigger and less cool somehow. The trigger reset is so long it was like I had to take my finger out of the guard almost to let it reset. I would go Taurus 738/pt111 G2 over SCCY

Back
Top Bottom