• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinions on the Sig P290RS

Laufen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
49   0
Reaction score
Any opinions on the Sig P90 pro or con? Current or former owners. I just bought one, but won't take delivery for probably 2 weeks.

Thanks gang.

I liked the one I had. Has a heavy double action trigger pull which I am sure you already know. Mine was accurate after some dry practice to get used to the trigger.

Recoil wasn't bad at all for a gun of its size, which is due to it being heavy as **** for a gun of its size.

I got rid of it because I had an ND with a Glock one day while switching between the two at the range. I had been doing a lot of practice with the Sig. I got used to the heavy long trigger pull and shot the Glock way before I intended. It was pointed down range on a live range when it happened as I don't put my finger on the trigger until I am pressing out from the draw but it was still an ND. I just decided to stick with one platform for SD handguns after that.

Last edited:
I liked the one I had. Has a heavy double action trigger pull which I am sure you already know. Mine was accurate after some dry practice to get used to the trigger.

Recoil wasn't bad at all for a gun of its size, which is due to it being heavy as **** for a gun of its size.

Yeah, the weight is my biggest concern. I sold my LCP simply because I wanted to go with 9mm. I sure hope it's nearly as comfortable to carry or I'll have to go back.

I bought one two weeks ago...haven't got a chance to shoot it yet but pleased with the fit and finish. I did purchase an additional magazine...extended 8 rd one.
Bought for the same reason...wanted a compact 9mm.

I've been carrying one for several months now and it's a nice gun. To be honest, I liked my PM9 better. I switched because I just wanted something new. I notice on the Sig there is a "shelf", for lack of a better word, at the end of that double action trigger. It's going away with use, but it's still there. Accuracy wise, I've learned to compensate and it's well within realm of defensive carry. While the fit and finish is good, and it fits my hand better, I still compare it to my old Kahr, which may be unfair, as the PM9 is arguably the best in it's class. All in all, the 290 is a good little gun if you like a DA trigger on a carry like me. Plus the restrike capability is a nice feature...

Back
Top Bottom