• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Optics HELP please!

Mikey

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
162   0
Reaction score
Im looking for a scope for my FNAR-H (308). My eyes are getting really bad. Would like a magnified scope the will bring things into "perspective" so to speak.
I'm new to long range shooting and would really like some advice from the experts on here.
What would you guys suggest ? And thanks in advance!
P.s....... It will be used as a range gum mostly.

I need help as well, I want something that works really good and shows you different dots for different range

This really depends on your budget...

100-250 Nikon or bushnell or Millett etc

400-600 I like Vortex Optics.....

1000 used IOR or Night Force.... or a new Vortex

1500 New IOR or Night Force...

Hey Craig, whats your feelings against Eotech?

- - - Updated - - -

EOTech MPO-II EXPS3-4 w/ 3X Magnifier

That to be exact. The scope has a FTS mount which is superb

EoTechs are great. But for me they are limited to 150 yds or less..... and I like to shoot small groups at a really long ways off...

I have hear great things about redfields. Also, Nikon makes niece glass as well. Both of these can be had for under $300. Going over the $500 mark opens you up to a world of different possibilities.

Leatherwood. Has a can that you dial to frame a target size and it sets your bullet drop for you. Use a 12" target, turn the can until the brackets frame it, and point of aim is point of impact. Mine was $550 from Wayfarer with the 20% off coupon from a prior purchase. Fine for the range.

I love my Redfield Revenge 6-18x44. It has a built-in range finder device and the 18 magnification is great. It's a very well made scope (on the same production line as Leupold) and is guaranteed for life.

Back
Top Bottom