Optics Planet thread #4,317

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
I know many here have had bad experiences with them but in the handful of things I've bought, it's all been drama free. But this one was 'different'.
Bought a scope. They had the lowest price anywhere when I placed the order. Within a week a few other online retailers had the same price. A week later they all (including OP) lowered their price another $60. For $60 I figured it was worth a phone call. I called them and said "I see you've lowered your price on my last order. Since I'm within the return period, can you credit me the difference or are you going to make me return it and then reorder the same thing again?"
The guy on the phone was dumbfounded and couldn't work out the concept in his head apparently and eventually needed to talk to his 'manager'. Long story short.... "No sir, if you want the lower price you'll have to return it (free return shipping) and then reorder it again."
I asked if he was SURE he wanted to incur the cost of the return shipping (which they paid) and then the free 2 day shipping back to me on a new order for the exact same thing. He said he was.
I returned it, received full credit in 4 days. I'll be reordering..... from someone else.

Not only did they cost themselves more money by having to pay shipping to and from, they also caused a customer unnecessary hassle all while making themselves look like complete morons. Good job guys.
And lost the sale. I can only handle so much stupid.

I never order from them, tried twice and each time they kicked the can on when the item would be shipped month by month for months and got fed up and just asked for my money back. If I see them come up on my search, I just look elsewhere even if it's a little more.

Bought shotty stock direct. Was to ship next day. Then I get OpticsPlanet email about them moving their warehouse down the street, so they might have articles in an order coming from both warehouses.

Great. I bought just one item. No problem.

Week later I get an email they have assigned my order a NEW order number, but will ship in 1-4 days.

I have presence of mind to check on the order nonetheless.

Yup, order is scheduled to now ship MAY 20!

Called, cancelled, got refund.

Bought same article from ebay/ecop on 16th. Delivered today, five days later.

If I relied on their last email, I would still be waiting.

What a waste of time and trust.

When I get impulsive...I also seem to be impatient...and their shipping doesn't allow me the comfort of these disorders...so I had to end that toxic relationship...and just like all toxic relationships...they won't stop emailing me!!!! :)

Could be that the manufacturer ran a rebate, which your original order fell outside, & they would be taking a loss by refunding the difference on a non-rebate return, vs proceeding a standard return & new rebate order.

Back
Top Bottom