• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ordering from Cheaper Than Dirt

When shipping ammo prices get high quick, usually the best way to solve the problem is to buy in bulk so that the cost is spread out, or go in with several people and do a large order that way. That said, I haven't ever bought ammo from Cheaper then Dirt because they have never had a deal that I thought was reasonable for what they were selling, generally 5-15%, sometimes more, higher then other places. What they do have though, is a better marketing and more publicity then other places and that is why they can get away with slightly higher prices on some of their items. But they aren't the highest out there, and if you can get them to ship quick and are happy with what you are buying, go for it. If they ship a firearm for $11 I would say that its a good price on shipping there.

I get 7.62x39 for less than .22/rd from them including shipping
so I would say that add is wrong

Well, since that page no longer exists(in fact they do not even carry Wolf 7.62x39 any more), I'd say the ad is certainly wrong. LOL!

You know, I have no idea why people hate on CtD. If you don't find their prices to your liking, shop elsewhere. That page is either photo-shopped or so obsolete as to be meaningless. Either way it is totally irrelevant. CtD's shipping rates have gotten pretty bad, but the now offer several warehouse options to help consolidate shipments and reduce shipping costs. Overall CtD offers the best price on many items and ships fast.

As a frequent customer I can tell you from EXPERIENCE, not prejudice that CtD is a great place to buy from.

During the ammo shortage of 2008/2009, they were selling 380acp FMJ for somewhere in the neighborhood of $70/box.

It's a free market and I support their right to do that, but I since I also have choices in the free market, I prefer to steer my business to vendors who held the line to reasonable increases when ammo was tough to get, instead of trying to soak buyers like a trader doing business on the floor of the Chicago Commodities Exchange.

Cherokee gun shop in Canton will do the transfer for free.....but be sure and buy some ammo or something from them so as not to take advantage of their good gesture!

I wonder if Forsyth Pawn in Cumming does transfers for free as they are related to Cherokee?

I have had great luck with them. Buying a gun online is almost too easy. I have bought several online, shipped to my FFL and I pick them up. No problems at all.

CTD is a good outfit. Wide selection, pretty fair prices. I buy my ammo elsewhere - their ammo prices aren't very competitive most of the time for the stuff I shoot. That's about it...

Oh, buying a weapon online and having it sent to an FFL is no big deal. Easy as pie.

Back
Top Bottom