• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of shape people are going to die first?

Sandybar

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
80   2
Reaction score
So I find it almost comical. The other day I am at a guys house and he is 60 or so and can barely go up and down stairs because of his weight. He is showing me his gun collection and bragging about his bug out bags etc. And how he's going to make it when the shtf and everybody else is screwed. I am looking at this guy and thinking he wouldn't make it one block without a respirator. Don't get me wrong I believe in being prepared as best you can with everything but money alone can't buy protection if it could we would send a bunch of fat and rich CEOs to fight our wars for us. Fitness is free! And besides your know how is your greatest asset! Let me know what you guys think about out if shape rich so called peepers who have everything but couldn't do 5 push-ups or carry a pack?

I am one for being prepared. I never had any sort of major fitness. Even when I played soccer, just never had the fitness. Now I worry that I am too out of shape since I stopped biking.

Just need to get over that me talk hump of taking that muscle pain and start doing push ups and pull ups again.

If shtf, a larger person could live off the excess fat better than a skinny person. I'd rather be overweight and have a ton of guns and ammo then be able to run a mile in 5 mins have nothing

Back
Top Bottom