Out of shape people are going to die first?

Dragging deer out of the woods by yourself is an excellent indicator of what one is capable of.

It separates boys from men and lets you know real quick what a pansie you are...LOL.

For instance I nailed a buck a couple!years ago and had my daughters boyfriend with me.
This was a young guy, lean and muscular, going through the ROTC program all gung ho working out thinking he's a bad ass walking around with no shirt all the time trying to show off the muscles.

Well,when it was time to yank the deer out of the woods I was very surprised when the kid fizzled out quite rapidly.
Very heavy breathing, stopping to take breaks and catch his breath and of course had to take his shirt off..LOL.
Me, the 40 year old man at the time continued dragging the deer out myself and told him to grab our packs and meet me at the jeep.

I've also got a great tip.
Put that deer over your shoulders and carry it out......much easier than dragging if your legs can hold out.

Stalking and still hunting is also a great way to build endurance and works great on your legs/trunk.

Guys what you are talking about is postponing the inevitable be happy what ever shape your in if you want to change the shape your in great but we are all going to die it is far more important to know where you will be after you die

Guys what you are talking about is postponing the inevitable be happy what ever shape your in if you want to change the shape your in great but we are all going to die it is far more important to know where you will be after you die

I'm more concerned about my body and my health before it's worm food.

Dragging deer out of the woods by yourself is an excellent indicator of what one is capable of.

It separates boys from men and lets you know real quick what a pansie you are...LOL.

For instance I nailed a buck a couple!years ago and had my daughters boyfriend with me.
This was a young guy, lean and muscular, going through the ROTC program all gung ho working out thinking he's a bad ass walking around with no shirt all the time trying to show off the muscles.

Well,when it was time to yank the deer out of the woods I was very surprised when the kid fizzled out quite rapidly.
Very heavy breathing, stopping to take breaks and catch his breath and of course had to take his shirt off..LOL.
Me, the 40 year old man at the time continued dragging the deer out myself and told him to grab our packs and meet me at the jeep.

Put that deer over your shoulders and carry it out......much easier than dragging if your legs can hold out.

Stalking and still hunting is also a great way to build endurance and works great on your legs/trunk.

Ever try a travois? If done right, it's the fat guy's friend. (Economy of effort to maximize productivity.)

Speaking of fat. Just a question for those survivalists, (I mean preppers) counting on their hunting skills who can't eat venison unless it's made into sausage. Where are you going to get the fat to make the sausage the right consistancy? Also, when the lamp oil runs out, what are you going to use for lamp oil?

Last edited:

Yep...much easier to sling it over your shoulder (assuming it's field dressed first)...But bow season and early rifle season...make sure and check for ticks when you get home. The last buck I hauled out like that had thousands of ticks on it. I only found one on me afterwards but I swore I could still feel them crawling on me for a week lol

Are We Dead Yet?

Remember Meatloaf? The dude, dude, not the food.

The end of: (Paradise by the Dashboard Lights)
[Boy:]
I couldn't take it any longer
Lord I was crazed
And when the feeling came upon me
Like a tidal wave
I started swearing to my god
And on my mother's grave
That I would love you to the end of time
I swore I would love you to the end of time

So now I'm praying for the end of time
To hurry up and arrive
'Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you
I don't think that I can really survive
I'll never break my promise or forget my vow
But God only knows what I can do right now
I'm praying for the end of time
So I can end my time with you

[Boy:]
It was long ago and it was far away,
And it was so much better than it is today.

[Girl:]
It never felt so good, It never felt so right
And we were glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife.

Back
Top Bottom